Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JMJones Knives Pass Around – 240mm Wa Gyuto- Sign up

Sent the knife off to Groc today. I was out of town for a few days so never got around to posting pictures and when I was around it was cloudy or raining.
    Knife cuts well, grind is good, didn't think I was going to like the profile as much as I did, has a little more belly than I usually like, but I would definitely be interested in a JMJones knife in the future.

Knife is ready to be shipped to Brian.
    Excellent cutter, solid feel and nice grind. Very nice handle, complementing the blade very well.
    General purpose profile works well for a variety of techniques (chopping, push and pull cutting, etc.).
    I would like to see a slightly pointier tip for detailed draw cuts, but that is my personal preference.
    I did not sharpen the knife, just run a couple of passes on 1micron loaded balsa strop and it was hair shaving sharp again.

I can see a JMJones in my future, just need to start saving for one!
    Thank you for the opportunity to try your work!

Eagle has landed.

Closer to me every day.

About to go to tgfencer. Thanks for doing this!

Arrived a bit dull but a few light passes on a gesshin 2k and diamond felt strop had it super sharp.

Knife had no problem with potatoes, herbs, button mushrooms, garlic, celery and green beans. Nice food release on the celery especially. Would like to see a flatter more nimble tip for my preference. Cutting potatoes for mashed potatoes had me lifting my elbow up pretty high to fully slice through.

Handle felt really nice as did the overall weight of the knife. It handled everything equally well. This was a lot of fun to use! Great knife.

Tj passed so PM going to wildboar.

Wild Boar, I'm in Arlington now, let me know if an in-person pass makes sense after you have chance to play with it.