• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke Fujiyama 270mm gyuto/rares

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inhuman

Reaction score
I am seeking a Konosuke Fujiyama 270mm gyuto, any steel .
I’m also looking for a kono Mioroshi Deba , 240-270mm.
And Fujiyama petty, any steel .
Trying to round out the collection , thanks guys !

Thanks! 270’s are a rare catch indeed . Since they run so short I find the 240 is lacking . I still use mine almost daily at work though . I bet that ku cuts like a champ !

I have a 270mm Konosuke HD with saya that I would be willing to part with, if you want to branch out.

I have a 270mm Konosuke HD with saya that I would be willing to part with, if you want to branch out.

Maybe , Pm me the specs.

Still looking guys ! Let that drawer queen go to a young pro who will take very good care and use every day!

I know Len had a mioroshi a while back up for sale but he hasn’t been on in a month . Holding out hope he still has it .

270mm fuji gyuto is my dream knife , one day I’ll find it

Used to have a 270 w2 fuji gyuto and loved it. Used it everyday at work, years ago. Most enjoyable Kono in my experience... never shoulda sold it!

Glw your search!

Used to have a 270 w2 fuji gyuto and loved it. Used it everyday at work, years ago. Most enjoyable Kono in my experience... never shoulda sold it!

Glw your search!

I’ve got a 240mm w1 fuji I love , it just isn’t long enough for the sort of prep I do.
I guess I’d be willing to trade it if someone just didn’t like the 270 length and still wants to have a fuji on deck .
If that was the one Marcelo linked , man that was almost ideal for what I am looking for ! You should’ve never let that one go !
I’ve actually looked at that post a few times in my searching

Yes thats the one. It felt like I had it for a long time but that original thread is right, it was one of many knives I’ve cycled thru and while that one got limited use, it was a really good cutter. The one I used everyday at that time was a 270 Shig Kasumi with a custom handle also, I confused the two.

Never thought the Fujiyama market would dry up so much! They are great knives, but alas the wheel keeps on turning and more things to try everyday :)

Yes thats the one. It felt like I had it for a long time but that original thread is right, it was one of many knives I’ve cycled thru and while that one got limited use, it was a really good cutter. The one I used everyday at that time was a 270 Shig Kasumi with a custom handle also, I confused the two.

Never thought the Fujiyama market would dry up so much! They are great knives, but alas the wheel keeps on turning and more things to try everyday :)

If only I had arrived on the scene a few years ago when they were plentiful :)
Some kind forum members have stepped forward with some great peices.
I am very grateful !

Still looking for :
Kono mioroshi deba 210-270mm any steel
Kono Fujiyama Petty any steel

Thanks!

Ah yes, I sold Pete that one. I'm pretty sure I got it off No chop. Only reason I let it go was the handle was way too heavy for me.

I love that handle, but it is heavier than most. And you are right Pete, it cuts wonderfully! I use it mainly as a tall slicer. Works well to transform those huge slabs of bacon into diced bacon or rasher. Thanks Craig, for letting me know the people that used it. I find it interesting to know that kind of stuff. I feel like your taste in knives are similar to mine, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back