The secret to perfect laundry...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you know how to wash clothes? Sure sorting colors...

Is there are a secret to perfectly relaxed clothes from the dryer look and smell clean and are lint free?

WHITE VINEGAR.

Its a revelation. Add cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle of your washer and BOOM, best laundry you've ever folded.

My suspicion is that it something to do with raising the pH after washing with a basic solution.

Doesn't matter, its works, even if you blast your clothes with the high dry cycle like I do.

Just saying....

Vinegar also does an outstanding job of getting rid of the musty smell towels that are reused in between washings sometimes pick up over time. It's color safe (unlike bleach).

Also pretty darn effective in getting the cat urine smell out of things. Don't ask me how I know.

Baking soda paste in armpits of shirts before the wash cycle that ends with a spirit vinegar rinse is also keeping me less offensive after a day of stress sweat

I am not too fond of my cloth having vinegar smell (like seems to be common in with many hotel towels)

Thanks for the cleaning tip, Heloise . . . er, Mucho.

P.S. Folding laundry??? (As a bachelor, normally don't need to fold no stinkin' (or even non-stinkin') laundry. These days I'm usually the only one who sees most of it. Alas.)

LOL. Each to their own but unlike some, I take great pride in folding laundry, not that different that knife sharpening, something Zen about it.

Getting all the corners uniform and tight. So every time you open your drawer, its like being in a fancy department store.

I know I'm not alone in the pursuit of impeccable laundry.

I wish my dog would allow me to fold laundry..something about a pile of freshly washed clothes makes him go crazy

Thanks for the cleaning tip, Heloise . . . er, Mucho.

P.S. Folding laundry??? (As a bachelor, normally don't need to fold no stinkin' (or even non-stinkin') laundry. These days I'm usually the only one who sees most of it. Alas.)
Hahahaha great post full of truth

I got olive oil on my white Japanese loopwheel t-shirt. Took four washes and spot-removal to get the yellow hue out. Fat stains are the worst.

I actually developed an allergy to laundry detergent, now I use a second cycle with vinegar only and it cleared up this massive rash I had all over my upper body.

Back