Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: Are Magnetic racks bad for knives?

Are Magnetic racks bad for knives?

Hey!

Are magnetic racks bad for your knives? Placing them on the rack with care, and use a wooden magnetic rack. But will the magnetic warp, or destroy, or weaken the steel over time or maybe charge the carbon steel as they hang on the rack, or is it considered just fine?

just fine

No they're very ATTRACTIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_english View Post
    No they're very ATTRACTIVE.
    Go to your room.

Administrator
    You'll quickly learn to place it spine first and sort of roll it into place. Remove by rolling onto spine.
    Older and wider..

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    You'll quickly learn to place it spine first and sort of roll it into place. Remove by rolling onto spine.
    The amount of times I've had to demonstrate this to guests is unbelievable...and most of them still don't understand the technique and get scared to put them back on the rack

Quote Originally Posted by StonedEdge View Post
    The amount of times I've had to demonstrate this to guests is unbelievable...and most of them still don't understand the technique and get scared to put them back on the rack
    I've never had to do that, everyone is quickly made aware that they shouldn't touch the magnetic bar, the knives they can use are in a block.

Quote Originally Posted by valgard View Post
    I've never had to do that, everyone is quickly made aware that they shouldn't touch the magnetic bar, the knives they can use are in a block.
    You let people in your kitchen? I don't...They can sit at the bar on the other side of the island or at the kitchen or cafe tables but they stay away from my side of the island. There is a fridge in the rec room if they want a drink! Unfortunately this never works and my wife, mother and mother in-law totally ignore me.