• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke Fujiyama White #2 Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega

Reaction score
Hello all!

Trying my luck again- I am looking for a Konosuke Fujiama white #2 Honyaki Gyuto. Specifically the one with the laser grind. Interested in both 240 mm and 270 mm. Willing to consider any condition.

Happy to buy it from you, but if you prefer to try trade, I can see if I have anything you’d be interested in.

Thanks for looking!

Looks like some people have gotten lucky. Help me join the club- Bump!

Can't even get a week before almost getting relegated to the second page. Bump!

Bump.

I'd be interested in Konosuke's Blue steel honyaki as well.

I have a few BNIB Katos and Shigs I'd be will to trade. As well as a couple Konosuke Fujiyamas.

Let’s all start a WTB kono Honyaki W#2 240 thread! :justkidding:

Hello all!

Trying my luck again- I am looking for a Konosuke Fujiama white #2 Honyaki Gyuto. Specifically the one with the laser grind. Interested in both 240 mm and 270 mm. Willing to consider any condition.

Happy to buy it from you, but if you prefer to try trade, I can see if I have anything you’d be interested in.

Thanks for looking!

Hi I have a HD2 240, if youre interested.

Let’s all start a WTB kono Honyaki W#2 240 thread! :justkidding:

Haha, right? Feels like everyone has been jumping on this train lately.

Hi I have a HD2 240, if youre interested.

Thank you for the offer! I have one, actually. Great knife, but not quite the same as what I'm searching for with this thread.

Also. New Year. New Bump.

I know this is an old thread but did you ever find your knife? I have a 240 LNIB that I've had for years. I talked to Tosho (where I bought it) the other day and they said I was crazy for never using it. Its almost too nice for me. I could be interested in selling it for the right price.
By the way, I'm new to the forum. I joined because of your Konosuke post. I am a fairly avid collector of Kono knives as well and because I live so close to Tosho it has allowed me to grab some "special" ones over the years.
Anyway, let me know. Thanks.
Dave.

I’m interested too if the OP declines, he should get first opportunity since he started the thread, probably only fair.

Congrats to the buyer.

I am still searching should anyone want to part with theirs!

Dang!
If all the above speculation warrants merit, woof goes the dog eat dog world.
I'd also assume a hefty and convincing offer was made by a third party.

Wolves of kkf

I really appreciate everyone sharing in my frustration with me.. I was quite disappointed..

But I want to be fair to the seller on this one-
He DID talk briefly before a decision was made. He was open that he received an absolute flurry of inquiries from other people, and that some of the other offers were... substantial.
I was up front with him that there were likely offers he could get I wouldn't be able to match.. though I wish there could have been a little more back and forth to see if I could have made something work..

Really sad this one didn't turn out... (especially as- kudos to the seller -he kept the knife in PRISTINE condition)
But I have to be honest with myself and say.. I can't imagine some of the numbers that were probably thrown at him... Nor the sheer volume of inquiries. Those kinds of opportunities would be hard to pass up.

Thanks again to everyone for feeling my pain.
Funny enough, this is actually #5 that has slipped through my fingers. I suck at getting this knife ;)

i felt for you as soon as I saw his post here and not in a DM saying he had one, dosent take much for the vultures to start swooping in

Back