New Addition (Non Knife)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Don't need the step ladder anymore.

crew.jpg

Seriously, that dude will need new cutlery. He could probably pinch his finger on a chinese cleaver!

Counter height must SUCK for guys that big. Props to him for keeping at it. I know I wouldn't want to work at knee-height.

Keep in mind however, the Spanish dudes are really only like 4'9"

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

True story. At only 6'3" I tower over these guys at work. They say, "Pero, Ricardito gigante!" lol

I have met him in person and he is a big boy.

He's something like 6' 6'' and 300lb

Kitchen's are like hockey teams. It's good to have an enforcer.

Funny, in my first kitchen where I was chef and owner I was the ONLY white guy.

Seriously. Whenever we have magazines or newspapers come in, they want nothing to do with pictures....maybe fear of the INS? I dunno...lol (I like to give the guys props in the kitchen, make them feel good to get a mention in an article, etc...)

I'm about 6'6" as well, but not close to 300.

Usually Mexicans don't allow pictures.....

Ugh, what?

Seriously. Whenever we have magazines or newspapers come in, they want nothing to do with pictures....maybe fear of the INS? I dunno...lol (I like to give the guys props in the kitchen, make them feel good to get a mention in an article, etc...)

INS... hmmm, perhaps.

Most often, I tend to attribute it to cultural modesty. A (house) guest mentality.

Regardless, those fellas look happy with their new coworker. :)

Hmm, never thought of it like that. Makes sense...

Saltys got a pretty open kitchen, plenty of room for the big fella.

How do you know they are Mexicans?

How do you know they're not? lol

Kidding aside we employ quite a few Ecuadorians, Dominicans, Mexicans etc. But yeah, they're all quite small heh.

How do you know they're not? lol

Kidding aside we employ quite a few Ecuadorians, Dominicans, Mexicans etc. But yeah, they're all quite small heh.

As much as I like working with the Oki's, I'd give anything to have my NYC Mex crew here. Nobody worked harder than them or had more positive energy.
At the end of an event, the guys would play a Cumbia song 'El Afilador'. That was the signal to distribute Cuervo shots and Coronas. I'd go over and help the dishwashers bang out the work. Sorry if I sound maudlin, but I'm a little homesick (and borracho) tonight.

Latest posts

Back