Quantcast
Product Shill Wanted - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Product Shill Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Hmm. Long thread, lots to think about. I liked it a lot more when people were just making fun of SoulFly3174 or whatever that stooge's name is. What a clown.

You might want to check out the "new members" section, your BFF has just turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Ben, thanks for the offer to do a review but that's not necessary although appreciated.
    Well I'll be doing one (the written kind. No vids, sorry.) I'm just waiting for your original edge to give out so I can put a new one on. Still waiting by the way. Stupid thing responds too well to stropping by half and just refuses to quit! Of course, my mother in law IS coming this weekend. If we really wanted to stress test your edge, I'd have HER use your knife

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    You might want to check out the "new members" section, your BFF has just turned up.
    Oh SNAP!

Someone keep him out of the YouTube "Knucklehead of the Day" thread, or things are about to get really awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Of course, my mother in law IS coming this weekend. If we really wanted to stress test your edge, I'd have HER use your knife

You like rust? That's what I get on my knives when the in laws are here. I'm thankful for that though - could be worse.

Wow what a coincidence.....Ryan

viva la revolucion !

I'm sure it is no coincidence, and frankly, I will be quite impressed if he steps up and starts contributing. That takes balls.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Yeah i was joking on that one......as far as contributing......well he's welcome to contribute if he wants....i doubt it though....Ryan

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    AJ, this was meant for everyone. There's a lot of product pushing going on in our little knife world these days that's sort of subliminal and not so transparent. I thought I'd talk about it and maybe even recruit someone to do some of it for me but in a more forthright manner than what we've come to know. I'm going about it a little different because I'm doing it out in the open, versus under the table, so it comes off as weird and confusing I guess.

Anyway, the offer still stands for the right person. I'd like someone who is respected in the community, a prolific multi-knife forum poster, with exceptional knife skills, someone who likes to be in front of the camera, who wants to pimp my knives and maybe even some other products all over the interwebs specifically the other knife forums, YouTube, blogs, Twitter, and Facebook pages of everyone known to us. I'm just looking for the same type of product shill that I see being used by other people.

No inside joke here at all.
    I think AJ's confusion came about because in the same post you are asking for a shill yet mocking the use of a shill. To be honest I find it confusing too. I understand wanting to get your name out there to a wider audience but I think you are going about it the wrong way. I do commend you for being honest about the way you are going about it but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can only imagine how difficult it is to grow your business and can't think of any other way but to basically hire a spokesman to "review" your knives? Seems like the snake-oil salesman with the stooge planted in the crowd that swears it will cure any ailment.

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Yeah i was joking on that one......as far as contributing......well he's welcome to contribute if he wants....i doubt it though....Ryan
    Sorry. Missed that one. The battery went out on my sarcasm module leaving me completely unprepared for real life.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by The hekler View Post
    I think AJ's confusion came about because in the same post you are asking for a shill yet mocking the use of a shill. To be honest I find it confusing too. I understand wanting to get your name out there to a wider audience but I think you are going about it the wrong way. I do commend you for being honest about the way you are going about it but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can only imagine how difficult it is to grow your business and can't think of any other way but to basically hire a spokesman to "review" your knives? Seems like the snake-oil salesman with the stooge planted in the crowd that swears it will cure any ailment.

I'm nearly 100% certain that I'll never have someone doing this type of stuff for me (and I knew that before posting - hence the mocking) but it sure would be nice. I can certainly see the confusion with this - I'm confused myself.

+ Reply to Thread