Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Product Shill Wanted

Product Shill Wanted

I'm looking for individuals who have great knife (and sharpening/stropping) skills who like to record themselves (via digital video camera) cutting up food products and posting these videos on YouTube.

This person must label all videos with my name and talk up my products like they're the best ever.

It's preferable that the candidate(s) be a prolific poster on every kitchen knife (related) forum on the internet and that they post all videos of my knives in use on all of these forums.

I want my knives (and products) to be shown and talked about so that tons of people will buy them.

I'll give this person (or persons) at least a FREE knife with all the trimmings. I think that I can spare 1 gyuto or 1 suji and some maybe some sharpening/honing equipment for each shill.

So who will step up?

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    HAY... I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR!!!

As much as I also see what you did there, it also wasn't nearly sarcastic/ridiculous enough. You see, people say these things, and mean exactly that, but it gets couched in language that attempts to create an emotional empathy regarding the factthat they are trying to make a living or create a good product. I personally am oblivious to such appeals, and see the more polite iterations of this sentiment as no different than this--and I see little here to quarrel with ethically. There is a dishonesty in trying to seem unaffiliated, but I am hardly swayed by or trusting of a stranger's endorsement without a track record.

A passaround review is the same, but the fact that you aren't compensated for them somehow alleviates people's moral concerns. It is a valuable service (good feedback/press), and good services are worth paying for. I've got no moral conflicts of interest, I'll take your money and tell you it sucks.

What I'm saying is, I'l do it. I want a 300 suji with maple handle please.

Interesting. Good luck with that.

Aren't you going to give out free supporting member tags too with the gig? Or bump up their post count an extra 500 to give some extra cred?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

WHORE!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

You know I'm just breaking your balls, right Dave?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I thought I'd have some fun with the shill concept, sort of get it out in the open. Hell it's providing me enough fun already that I might even go through with it. Hell, we could even have a contest to name it? I'm thinking "Project Shill", anyone have have any other ideas?

I should take this to Facebook & Tweet on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I thought I'd have some fun with the shill concept, sort of get it out in the open. Hell it's providing me enough fun already that I might even go through with it. Hell, we could even have a contest to name it? I'm thinking "Project Shill", anyone have have any other ideas?

I should take this to Facebook & Tweet on it too.
    A Shill network!