Quantcast
Product Shill Wanted - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Product Shill Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Bottom line. It's a good marketing tool and I think you (Dave) should use it. I hate to say it. I'm Mr. anti marketing but you have to compete, as sour a taste as that might leave.

I might call it something else though.
    I must admit that I didn't re-read the context from this cut brooklyn thread, but I laughed when I saw Scott's quote and thought about this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Any professional marketeers out there? Kill yourself.
    k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Does anyone think Shaun doesn't actually like Mark's knives? Does anyone think he is actually lying? Do they not actually perform up to a quality standard? To be honest if he is not lying then that's really all that matters. If the knives he is pushing are in fact an inferior product and he knows this and does not actually like them only doing it for compensation, well then I put out there that it is not for the greater good, and promise anything not for the greater good will come to and end and any person involved, no matter how much they seem to be benefiting NOW ... in the end will receive just reward.

I would be glad to do the same for Dave as I know the quality behind his INTENTIONS and thus products. And would not see any problems with Dave compensating the parties as if you think you can get anything in life without first giving before you receive and have lasting progress, you are sorely mistaken. I think Dave gives more than many people in the knife community, be it products or knowledge or whatever. And like this post is always straight forward with people and tells them honest truth, which I find and honorable and just quality.

Kind Regards

Bryan

I just read this thread for the first time and it had me thinking ***. I am at a loss for words........(not really!)

I have enjoyed this thread and all opinions. Everyone is more experienced than I am so it is difficult to add my opinion. I am still searching for a chefs knife. I appreciate everyone's opinion as to what knife I need to buy. That being said, the next step is to go and research the reviews for the recommended knife. My problem is every review is glowing! Every knife has a five star review!

I don't know the reason or impetus why Dave Martell started the thread, but, for me, it speaks to the lack of dispassionate analysis. That being said, there are little glimpses of transparency. My search continues...

I think some of the best information comes not from reviews of individual knives but in discussions where multiple knives are brought up. Otherwise very often reviews need to be read/viewed in terms of "the knife is like this, does it suit me?" That's a difficulty when one is still learning about needs and preferences.
    Len

+ Reply to Thread