Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

i ll make that work thanks for the picture
    BTW called Carpenter steel today and might beable to get one or 2 of them to show up so they can see what we want in steel

not sure if i can also make a field trip to ther plant happen on friday but i will keep those that could make it informed

Quote Originally Posted by UnConundrum View Post
    There will be several off duty members of law enforcement in attendance.

I have no problem with cigars or cigarettes (actually, that's your problem), but I ask that you respect others and the property. Smoke in areas away from non-smoking attendees and don't throw any residue on the ground. We have a new little puppy who will pick up anything she finds.
    Oh boy. I can deal with not smoking my cigs but I can't deal with cops.

I appreciate the heads up. I hope everyone has a good time.
    (Don't get me wrong, this isn't about any other issue. I just don't like cops. I understand some people do and that's ok)

The pisser is I dropped 2 grand on touring equipment.

It will most likely be put to good use. Panaca?

I'm with you on that one. I hate cops. I had coworkers who were former cops, and the stories they would tell me made me hate them even more. Ther is something about the job that attracts d bags or turns normal into d bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Oh boy. I can deal with not smoking my cigs but I can't deal with cops.

I appreciate the heads up. I hope everyone has a good time.
    (Don't get me wrong, this isn't about any other issue. I just don't like cops. I understand some people do and that's ok)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    The pisser is I dropped 2 grand on touring equipment.

It will most likely be put to good use. Panaca?
    Remember the speed limit in panaca is 20 mph.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Barbie Dream Camper looks good going slow!

BTW, my wife who is the most perfect women in the world hates them to.

Well, I have to say there were no issues with any of the attendees last year. It was a nice low-key event. Everyone was friendly, the food was good, and you could go shoot a million holes in some targets if you felt so inclined to walk 1/10 mile up the hill. This year will be even better, with the addition of more knife and steel guys.

BTW, if anyone wants to camp overnight, please let me know. We have two different possible sites depending on needs (no charge of course)

in the knife world i have to bet that there are more police and military then any other group (and yes the 10% that are asshats make alot of good ppl look bad )

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    in the knife world i have to bet that there are more police and military then any other group (and yes the 10% that are asshats make alot of good ppl look bad )
    I have no problem with military. My best friend who got me into higher end knives was in Marine Recon with Allen Elisherwitz. I just have had problems with "most" police people I've known including family members and coworkers. Maybe its the fact that they are conditioned to look for the worst in people that turns me off. Its a personal thing and I surely don't want or expect people to feel the way I do about cops.