That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnConundrum

Mr. Hospitality!
Founding Member
Reaction score
It's time to start thinking about an ECG. From my preliminary inquires looks like May 28th might be the best day. Anyone interested?

It's time to start thinking about an ECG. From my preliminary inquires looks like May 28th might be the best day. Anyone interested?

oh man... i want to be there, but if it ends up being the 28th i'll have to pass this year... sara's birthday is the 29th and we'll be in New Mexico to celebrate

For those of you who don't know what the ECG is it's the annual "East Coast Gathering" of kitchen knifenuts hosted by Warren (UnConundrum) at his location in Bechtelsville, PA. I believe the first one was in 2007?

This year is already looking to be one of if not the best yet. We've got a few surprise guests and some really cool stuff planned. I'm going to guess that most people will have to make the trip this year - just HAVE to! :)

Very interested but it's also very unlikely this year. I had a great time last year, I wish I could come. Whoever is less than 5,000 miles away should consider going there... There is a minimal chance that I may be in the area in early July, but I won't know for sure before April.

Stefan

Only a 1 hour 45 minute drive for me. Work permitting depending upon the date I would definitely like to go.

Sorry, April weather is too unpredictable. Not that May is always perfect, but we have better odds. C'mon, it's one day, within driving distance, and you have 2 months warning. You can plan that far ahead.

Are you talking about Alf laying down on the patio? I'll assure you, both dogs are well :) Between socializing and eating, they get pretty tired ;)

Ooh, that's the one weekend in May/ June/ July where we actually could make it up there! Gelato and reubens in Philly on Friday afternoon, and great BBQ, knives and KKF members on Saturday -- sounds pretty promising.

The signup sheet is ready. You can register HERE. Registering costs you nothing (nor does attending) but it gives us an idea on how many will be attending.

I am going to try to attend but, at this point, can't promise anything.

We're counting on you David. You've been at every one!

For those who have never attended, David brings a van full of boards with him so not only do you get to see and feel his cutting boards, you can buy them and save the postage. You can also order in advance and pick your board up at the ECG....

You gotta make it Dave !

We're counting on you David. You've been at every one!

Slight correction. I wasn't at the first one. I'd almost come just for your doughnuts.

In all seriousness, Warren and Jan are absolutely delightful people and wonderful hosts. Imagine opening up your home to 50 to 70 people you have never met, spending a lot of time cooking for them and making sure they are taken care of. My drive is 9 hours and worth every second of it.

I'm in and will sign up as soon as I find that password. :D

I encourage anyone who is going to attend to sign up ASAP because this helps Warren to get the ball rolling....imagine 20 people vs 100....he would really need to know either level of interest to accurately make plans.

I would seriously consider flying 5,000 miles to go to that event, so if you have a chance, just go there. I have never seen an example for a more generous hospitality than at last year's ECG. But I have visitors out here that week who already booked their flights, and I don't want to make them change their plans, so I will have to experience this year's meeting vicariously - or virtually, maybe Warren can set up a few live cams this year ;)

Stefan

I am planning on coming, I would really like to meet you guys and have a chance to talk. Sounds like a blast to me!!!

I am planning on coming, I would really like to meet you guys and have a chance to talk. Sounds like a blast to me!!!

really would love to be there again this year, but just cant make it on that specific weekend. Have fun though. And thank you Warren for being such a gracious host. For those you you who havent been, last year was my first year and it was a blast. If i could, i would be there again this year.

-Jon

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I'm blushing if you can believe that.

Delbert, that's great! Any chance you can bring some knives with you?

I am planning on it. I wanted to go last year but couldn't make it. looking forward to meeting everyone face to face.

I am definitely down for this. Marked on my calendar hopefully nothing will come up to change this.

Guys, can I get you to sign up HERE? You'll need a Yahoo account, that's all. That way, I can keep track on who's coming and get email out to everyone if there's any changes or last minute requests. Even if you're only 90% sure you can attend, you can always change it later. Thanks.

Guys, can I get you to sign up HERE? You'll need a Yahoo account, that's all. That way, I can keep track on who's coming and get email out to everyone if there's any changes or last minute requests. Even if you're only 90% sure you can attend, you can always change it later. Thanks.

Done.

Back