Yusuke "special thin blade"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks sharp as heck but what stops it being to whippy ?

Yeah, I'm wondering how flexy is the blade bot at the tip and along the edge. There are such things as too thin.

That's kinda lighter then my cell phone... Wouldn't it feel kinda weird??

1.3 spine thickness at the heel... yowza.

1.3mm!! holy bejesus. i wonder if it's flat or convex ground?

I have a regular sakai yusuke 240mm gyuto, and I think it is a full 1mm thicker at the spine above the heel than that. Weighs 136g and is pretty flexible already. This sounds like more of a garotte wire than knife.

I'm sure it's flexible but I bet it still performs well. I'd try it out.

Ok, it's gone - who's responsible??

Not me, but I sure was tempted. Kinda glad someone else got it before I caved and ignored my better judgment.

This is bluewayjapan, not Andy's Butch Cleaver. There will be plenty more I am sure.

Hey, I was trying to block that fact from my own mind :D

I see Keiichi is expanding his range a little now which is nice to see. He sells a stainless 210 petty now and he is selling Sakai Yusuke gyutos with ebony handles. If anyone is thinking of buying one of these thin knives Id say just email him, I've bought loads of knives from him and he is incredibly helpful

Keiichi will ask his suppliers for customized stuff that's not on his regular menu. Just gotta ask him and he'll get back to you pretty promptly. Good guy to deal with.

Hi All, apologies for resurecting that thread, but was wondering if anyone ever purchased one of those Special Thin Gyutos or even the Petty. If yes, I would be thankful for your thoughts and opinions on it. Thansk!

I just talked myself *out* of getting one the other day :) I'm curious to see if anyone's got some thoughts on it though...

I have talked myself out of it a few times already too! But "every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in."

Ditto. I love my Sakai yusuke wa-gyuto 270m.m. It's the one i always reach for. Would love to know how the thinner one is.

could somebody please tell me how to get in touch with this Keiichi that perhaps is still carriying sakai yusukes with ebody handles? never heard of him. or is he infact the guy that runs blueway?

Asking a question about one of his ebay listings should do the trick for getting in touch. He runs Blueway as far as I can tell - At least in the past he was the one responding to my questions regarding ebay items under Blueway

Back