Quantcast
Wine Pairing Advice Needed- HELP! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wine Pairing Advice Needed- HELP!

We were at the one in Templeton. My girlfriend just got on their list so we drove up from LA. I had to pick up wine from Linne Calodo so we were able to do both on onr trip.

I have no idea if they have one in Napa.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

P.S. - The best wine that we were able to taste was a barrel tasting of the 2010 Uebberoth Vineyard Zin. It has great potential.
    Michael

Oh man! that's a drive. If you're ever in the area again, or if you're going up next year, shoot me a PM as there are a number of other great, seldom heard of wineries in that area.

How do you guys have funds left for knives if you drink Turleys? Maybe I really should get out of academia... I miss my old German wine and cooking round. "...overflowing in Turleys", I don't think I ever heard that before...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Oh man! that's a drive. If you're ever in the area again, or if you're going up next year, shoot me a PM as there are a number of other great, seldom heard of wineries in that area.
    I definitely will. I've been really impressed with a lot of Paso wineries. In fact, I think the Grenaches being made in Paso are some of the better wines being made.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    How do you guys have funds left for knives if you drink Turleys? Maybe I really should get out of academia... I miss my old German wine and cooking round. "...overflowing in Turleys", I don't think I ever heard that before...

Stefan
    Two shipments a year for the last 4 years, and we usually save them for special occasions. So we've got a few cases by now... On the other hand, it means we don't buy a lot of other wines! Plus with the membership it's a 25% discount.

So...wine party at your place?