Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: Sharpening service/swedish quality overhaul. Eu only.

Sharpening service/swedish quality overhaul. Eu only.

I have had alot of requests for this and not been able to supply a service I have felt good about, so I have denied.

Now I feel confident enough I can offer a really good service, at a reasonable pricing. But it's going to be maybe a little bit special. But I think with any work like this trust is involved, and I believe by now most of you around these parts have some appreciation for my work. So I can't spend alot of hours talking specifics ahead, you will need to trust me to take the lead and "do what I do".

I will charge based on how much time I spend, because it's impossible to judge the amount of work I will need to do before I have the knife in my hand. The cost is going to be 600 sek (incl vat) per knife as a MAX, plus return shipping (150-300 say 1-5 knives). I will always try to make it less to the best of my ability. I work fast and have a good setup of tools, and am comfortable with many techniques, i feel comfortable dealing with most knives.. A small edge thinning and convexing on a laser knife is going to be much less. A chunky knife in zdp with dammy cladding will probably be full price. I can not and will not give you a precise price ahead. But you should not send me knives and not be willing to potentially pay 600 for my work.
    The work is going to include; potential straightening and profile adjustments, optimized cutting geometry working all of the blade as I see fit (I will make the best I can with what you send me). Coherent/aesthetically pleasing blade finish. Fully comfortable and polished spine and choil/heel.

Available extra is wa handle swap to one of mine if masur birch and reindeer antler. That will be 750 incl vat.

I will have no more than 15 of these jobs in line at any given time, so I may decline, but I believe this should cover demand. We'll see.

How to: email me with what knives you want to send, a picture is welcome. If ok to send I'll give you adress and give you approximate lead time. When done I will send you some pictures and a link for payment.

Package knives safely! Example; cardboard saya, bubblewrap and box or tube. Include a note with atleast your email adress please. Cheers!

Wish I lived in the EU!!

Quote Originally Posted by FoRdLaz View Post
    Wish I lived in the EU!!
    Yea sorry but for now I want to keep it like this to avoid hassle with customs.

Excellent news!

Sample sharpening job and new handle for a cheapie: https://www.instagram.com/p/BavbB3ClQjT/

It could just as well be a honyaki with a high-contrast finish.

This is also a job like that: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWXSkujlLTg/

Any thoughts or questions on this are appreciated. Too vague or does it sound reasonable?

Robin I think this is a great idea. I am not aware (not saying that there is not any) of any place in EU that offers sharpening or overhaul where I would be confident to send my knives in.

On question though - do you also work on single bevel knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Robin I think this is a great idea. I am not aware (not saying that there is not any) of any place in EU that offers sharpening or overhaul where I would be confident to send my knives in.

On question though - do you also work on single bevel knives?
    I think I can yes. Redo a ura properly and such, even though I guess I'm not very experienced or specialized in making single bevel knives, I have handled some and made a few. I definately have the practice down on hollow grinding

This had a great start, but now I have to close it down for a couple of months. Moving shop in january