• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Butch Harner Custom Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy777

Reaction score

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell my Butch Harner Custom Chinese Cleaver. This knife is amazing in every way, probably the thinnest most lazer like cleaver I own, the finish is amazing, the overall quality is amazing (as anyone who has owned a Harner knife can attest) and the steel is amazing as well. (Did I mention Butch does amazing work? :biggrin:) If you've followed my saga over the last few years as I try to become a minimalist and pare down my collection to just a few knives, you've seen all the cleavers I've put up for sale. The fact that this one is one of the last to go should testify to how awesome it is. I sold my CCK custom, Masahiro M3 Fish custom, Takeda Custom, Forum cleaver original, and several others before I even considered parting with this baby. That should be evidence enough what a great knife it is. I frankly don't even want to sell it, but alas the family comes first and funds are currently tight. You can read my initial review of this knife here:

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/792633/

See the attached profile shot, you can see that this cleaver is thinner than both the Forum Hattori and the Takeda cleavers, which is a feat in and of itself. (the picture is left to right - Hattori, Butch, Takeda). When I first got it I thought it might be the same as the Hattori and the Takeda, but after further inspection and use, yep, it's thinner. Boohyah! The steel is CPM 154 sharpens really well and holds a great edge, it's killer steel and Butch does it justice.

For someone looking for a thin hard steeled stainless cleaver with killer finish and a custom handle I think this is the one you've been looking for. I'm asking $500 plus actual shipping, which is roughly half the current price of this knife new from Butch. Please feel to contact me with questions. Thanks!

Quick Deal congrats!

Great looking knife butch and one hell of a price!

Yep but not surprising. This guy is nearly a legend! Great pickup whomever! (you lucky son of a *grumble*grumble*) :wink:

I don't know who is more respected: Andy or Butch when it comes to cleavers. Put the two together (an Andy endorsed Butch cleaver ) and its like an irresistible siren call to all cleaver junkies.

All i can say is THANKYOU to whoever snagged this before i saw it. I really need to lay off the knife purchases for awhile and this would have been more than i could have resisted.

Congrats to both parties on the sale and my best wishes for you and your family Andy. -much respect for making a difficult sacrifice.

i woulx have paid the 500 just to have it back :) hold it a bit then sell at nearly full new price. whoever got this knife got a hell of a deal Congrats

i think that there are only 3 and this is the only one that i ever hand sanded (what a PITA) and the only multi piece full tang handle

Sure Butch, rub salt in the wound. I actually meant to price it higher but I was got distracted when I listed it and put a lower price, I've been kicking myself all day. Oh well, it's going to a good home.

Of course this goes up the week I have no power or internet! I knew you were selling off some of your cleavers and was going to PM you if you ever wanted to sell this one. I begged Butch to make me one ages ago, apparently the flashbacks from this one were bad enough that he refused. I guess I will just cry myself to sleep in my cold, dark, silent house.

Oh well, didn't need to spend an extra $500 this month anyway. Good grab to whomever ended up with it. Is it too early to ask if I can take it for a spin?

Wow. I'd actually go for that cleaver... Too fast...

Dang. Way to late on this one. Nice score whomever grabbed it.

It's a good thing it went fast...

Andy, which cleaver(s) have you ended up keeping at this point?

I begged Butch to make me one ages ago, apparently the flashbacks from this one were bad enough that he refused. I guess I will just cry myself to sleep in my cold, dark, silent house.

It may have been mine that got Butch turned off from cleavers. Reminds me, i should use it more often again.
I can only echo what the others have already said, you got on h**l of a deal!

Congrats!

Back