Boston - buy, see, eat ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrik

Reaction score
I'll be in Boston for some days, first time ever, and added in two days for myself in the city. Trip just came up yesterday and I'll be departing tomorrow so haven't had any time for reading and preparation!

Are there any good shops, markets etc. in the city that I shouldn't miss if looking for cutlery, mandolines, sharpening or other gear?

I want to walk the freedom trail and visit Paul Revere's house, don't expect to see a lot of knives there but anyway for a glance of American history (and to honest, every time I watch the episode where Pres. Bartlett passes the knife he had from his father on to Charlie I get chills).

And also, suggestions for a good place to enjoy Boston seafood, not necessarily in the most luxurious style, but being real is what ticks for me.

Cheers !

Thanks a lot David,
I've PM'ed, and now looking really forward to this trip.

Row 34 for great oysters and craft beer plus some creative and traditional New England seafood. They call themselves a blue collar oyster bar but depending on what you order it may feel like a white collar tab. That's always my first choice with Select Oyster Bar, Neptune Oyster and Saltie Girl as alternatives. There are a lot of tourist traps so be careful.

Kitchens Wares on Newbury Street is the only knife/ kitchen gear shop that I know of. Some cool stuff but I haven't been in years and back then the knife selection wasn't too exotic...think there was one Takeda and the shop owners were shocked that I recognized the kanji.

I'll PM you my mobile in case you get in a jam or need some on the spot recommendations where you are.

Latest posts

Back