Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One day sale

i'm not one of those shop during sales people because i figure if i have to wait for a sale to get something, then i didnt really want it that badly in the first place..

on topic, chosera 400 and 800 are top notch stones

Just a thought - prices are shown to US customers in converted USD but set in AUD, so you may see changes based on the exchange rate. There are a few knives on my list that I check up on periodically and I feel like in the last month or so it’s swung a little in Australia’s favor.

Tanaka Ginsan Nashiji Lite 240mm came in. Like the blade very thin behind the edge. Not quite as tall as the Metal Master 240mm I have purchased in the past. Rounded and polished the spine & choil. Was able to put a very sharp edge on the Ginsan steel thinning bevel at around 3% & got a even burr at 10%.

The octagon wa handle is a darker wood with buffalo horn collar. The bevels were perfect however I could feel a ridge where the wood meets the horn. So redid the handle. Took 10mm off the back with a fine Japanese hand saw, sanded the back to 320 brought out the end grain nicely. Sanded the Horn & wood till totally flush also to 320. Then 0000 steel wool to even out the horn. Three coats of 50/50 Tung oil & clear bulls eye shellac. Buffed looks good the slightly shorter length to me makes the handle fit the blade better. I have large hands & with a pinch grip still some room in the back.

Tanaka Nashiji is one of my favorite bang for the buck knives. I figure with hand forged blades they will differ. Don't know why James has the Ginsan Tanaka's where as Metal Master only carries when in stock in VG10. Have sharpened & used the VG10 versions best VG10 I have used. Around 6 students have ordered them and a teacher at the school.

After spiffing up this G3 with an excellent blade, might be my keeper Tanaka.

Sorry for the late reply guys. The Choseras has gone up quite a bit recently, nothing I can do really. Tried hard to keep them as is but there is only so much I can do.
    @ashy2classy, shipping 5KG of chosera out of AU via DHL is basically cost prohibitive for me, with no knife order it will just not work Thanks very much for understanding.

Anyway, now is the time to keep an eye on the BFCM sale. It won't be a straight xx% off, rather i will have some special for the party. Some rare items, some decent upgrades, some one-off-specials Still trying to figure out what I will put out but I am working on it.

James

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post
    Anyway, now is the time to keep an eye on the BFCM sale. It won't be a straight xx% off, rather i will have some special for the party. Some rare items, some decent upgrades, some one-off-specials Still trying to figure out what I will put out but I am working on it.
    Oh dear, I think I'll have to go on a type of BF/CM knife buying Lent.
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Is the BF/CM sale before or after the canberra knife show...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post

James
    Might I suggest dropping the free shipping threshold to 100 USD for a BF offering? Knives only if it's easier. Take my money! (But only a little bit of it...)
    Older and wider..

BF...BFCM...what does this stuff mean?

Black Fri Cyber Mon. Not really an thing in Oz- I had to look it up last year.
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Black Friday Cyber Monday! I was taught by the abbreviation loving country the U.S.A. ! LOL

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com