Quantcast
What knife do your regret selling?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What knife do your regret selling?

What knife do your regret selling?

Many of us here have gone through quite a few knives and also sold some along the way. Which one do you miss? Any knife that you regret selling? I can think of a few, but the one I really regret - even though I never used it - is the mirror-polished Konosuke sakumaru takohiki 330. I sold it because I was afraid it would just start rusting on me out here. I would love getting one like that in ginsanko, but I am pretty sure it would be out of my price range.

Stefan

None!
    I can never bring my self to sell any ):
    if I don't thin the collection down I'm going to wind up on the tv show for hoarders!

I'm about to attempt to sell my Murray Carter AS Whitecrane... dreading the seller's remorse already, and I haven't even sold it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    None!
    I can never bring my self to sell any ):
    if I don't thin the collection down I'm going to wind up on the tv show for hoarders!
    LOL, I think your tool box is worth more than my knife collection You can always open a museum.

I haven't sold anyone yet. I have occasionally been thinking about selling my Keijiro Doi 300mm Shiro #1 kensaki yanagi anniversary knife to finance a really high end knife from one of the makers in the forum, but i'll probably sell off a kidney before I let this knife go.

DARKHoek

i suggest to wait till Keijiro Doi hang his hammer before selling your shiro hayate, it would worth way much more especially the anniversary edition one.

Yeah. And besides, I have only one of these knives but two kidneys

DarKHoeK

But I have one of those knives as well...let's see, that's four kidneys and two knives.....(actually, mine is blue)

Regret selling my DT ITK a bit. It was the second one ever made with the #2 engraved from the first batch of ten...it just wasn't my style and was a beautiful knife that demanded to be used often.

Also, was just thinking about it last night...I really miss my 300 Hiromoto AS wa-gyuto!

Sorry J, but that one might be gone for a good long while. You'll be the first to know, however, if she finds herself looking for a home again!