Quantcast
Dear Jim, old curmudgeon ... I hate you! J/K!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Jim, old curmudgeon ... I hate you! J/K!

Wink Dear Jim, old curmudgeon ... I hate you! J/K!

Hello Jim.

I was reading a couple posts the other day and I saw your signature (before you changed it). I was wondering "what the hell does a badger have to do with a blade. So like a dummy I decided to follow it and see where it takes me.

So i started reading the site and all its glory. I was in awe.

All i have to say is i have a hand made silvertip badger coming in as well a blade sampler and a EJ DE89L. Now, if you have any advice for explaining the to SWMBO, please let me know.

So now you know why i hate you In all seriousness thank you for everything that you contribute to all te forums you are on.

Joe

I feel so cheap!

Joe,
    please don't be shy about asking for any help on your wetshaving journey-either directly with me, or from the fine fellows at Badger and Blade.

ENJOY!

thanks jim. I'm loving both of these forums. Problem is when i start my paperwork, it takes me twice as long. I guess thats the price i have to pay to be informed.

Joe,
    What about shave soap- Did you order some?

i'm probably going to start out with some VDH from wally mart. then make a move from there. any suggestions? not into anything with a strong scent. i keep reading about the C.O. Bigelow/proraso stuff. Soo many choices, not enough money.

Quote Originally Posted by chefjbs View Post
    i'm probably going to start out with some VDH from wally mart. then make a move from there. any suggestions? not into anything with a strong scent. i keep reading about the C.O. Bigelow/proraso stuff. Soo many choices, not enough money.
    VDH has its fans, the thing about soap is it lasts so long that even the higher cost ones are a good value. DR Harris and Trumpers are two that work well.

The VDH is a melt and pour product, its very soft so it will only last a few weeks if you use it every day. A hard soap like the DR Harris can last half a year or more. The hard soaps are also much more subtle scent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by chefjbs View Post
    So i started reading the site and all its glory. I was in awe.
    Just be careful- a few guys are members at both sites.
    I really am related to Tony Clifton.

Joe,
    How about an update? Hows it going?

+ Reply to Thread