Quantcast
Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you?

High end handmade one of a kind knifenut foodie.
    Lucky to live close to Harald who is one of the best chefs Ive eaten at and probably one of the best sharpeners and handle maker in the world
    Damn Im a lucky ****.

My G.A.S. is starting to turn to different avenues. The passage of the concealed carry law here in dairyland prompted me to pick the pistols back up. I had forgotten that I used to be pretty darn proficient.

There's just something about knives and guns.

I had one of my guns sitting on my desk after cleaning it, next to it was the Masamoto Honyaki suji. I thought to myself, "that knife and gun cost the same."
    As nice as that knife is the gun seemed like a way better value. Then I got this feeling that I've been getting ripped off all these years.

There will most likely be a sale soon. (But where do you sell a 10K yanagi?)

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I had one of my guns sitting on my desk after cleaning it, next to it was the Masamoto Honyaki suji. I thought to myself, "that knife and gun cost the same."
    As nice as that knife is the gun seemed like a way better value. Then I got this feeling that I've been getting ripped off all these years.

Tough to prep onion soup or break down a pismo with a Sig Sauer though.

As for the yanagi...there is one guy on the forums who always buys all the cool stuff, lives out near Milwaukee...oh, wait. Nevermind. ebay I guess?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Well, the left-handed, short yanagi is mine when you do sell

As for me, I'm a "been fascinated by sharp things since I was about 8 years old" knut.
    I'm also a "loves to tinker/modify/sharpen knives" knut.
    Can't forget the "lucky as all hell to have become friends with other knuts and makers" knut.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Hey, I agree with you but back when I asked about best blenders, someone called me a blender snob.
    If you are talking blenders, and you say VitaMix, and someone calls you a blender snob...that just means they can't afford a VitaMix.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I am a home cook who has been interested in knives and sharpening them since i was a kid. I would categorize myself as someone who is practical, likes good tools and is continually seeking what works best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    If you are talking blenders, and you say VitaMix, and someone calls you a blender snob...that just means they can't afford a VitaMix.
    I would ask about them, but I am too broke to buy one amyway, so I don't

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    My G.A.S. is starting to turn to different avenues. The passage of the concealed carry law here in dairyland prompted me to pick the pistols back up. I had forgotten that I used to be pretty darn proficient.

There's just something about knives and guns.

I cannot get back into guns again... You think I'm knuts about knives and razors?? Guns where easaly 10x worse and I would not try to stop myself from getting what was needed at the time. Cost me almost $1k to send my handguns home from AK and I had 47 long guns in my truck going threw Canada... Customs just about gave birth to a full grown bobcat that was not happy to be stuffed up that pipe again... Eventually they let me threw with a severe warning that if anything came out of that truck I was going straight to prison... Needless to say I only stopped for gas in the 2 days it took to drive threw...

Down to 10 or so keepers that I don't plan to expand on, I just don't dare...

Hell, I'm just an idiot with some rocks and metal. Once in a while I scrape them against each other.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I should be able to think of something clever to add here, but I'll just leave it at "I'm a foodie that wants really nice s**t". Yet, the more I collect, the more I just want an example of most knife makers work.

+ Reply to Thread