Quantcast
Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you?

Salty I think everyone will be excited if you sell any of your knives, the edges on them all look fantastic...or maybe thats your skill with them but alas who knows.

I guess I fall into the "foodie who likes to have nice stuff" category, albeit with a special fascination and desire for knives. Granted, my financial situation has often skewed that more into the realm of "lusts after nice things" rather than "has nice things," but the fascination for knives hasn't changed.
    - Erik

Yep, so do I. I love the craftsmanship angle (I'm hugely into handmade things) so the larger manufacturing concerns are less interesting to me than the places that you can see the stamp of the maker.

It started out as wanting to get my edges to last longer/get sharper at work so off I go looking for some better knives then the stamped ones they issue at work. One thing lead to another and here I am with a heavier knife roll and a lighter wallet...

Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Rukh View Post
    I guess I fall into the "foodie who likes to have nice stuff" category, albeit with a special fascination and desire for knives. Granted, my financial situation has often skewed that more into the realm of "lusts after nice things" rather than "has nice things," but the fascination for knives hasn't changed.
    Don't you have several nice things now?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    If you are talking blenders, and you say VitaMix, and someone calls you a blender snob...that just means they can't afford a VitaMix.
    ya, it also means they are extremely ignorant

a vita-mix is not in the same category as a blender just as a canoe is not in the same category as a ranger
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Personally I'm a big fan of K-tech blenders if for no other reason than getting to watch sweet "will it blend" videos on youtube

Foodie who likes good tools. Also fond of custom knives, even tho I don't have one (yet!) because I remember back when dear old dad spent hours upon hours working on a custom hunting knife design (a big Bowie, with black micarta handle, stainless blade, and nickel silver accents) then always managed to be sharpening it when dates came to pick me up.

"Retired" a few years back (i.e., quit before taking a baseball bat to somebody) and now do all our cooking instead of eating out as was our habit. Recently started looking into upgrading my knives, and now have found a whole new realm in which to spend money. Hey, I don't wear jewelry much anymore, so hubby needs SOMETHING to buy for Christmas and birthdays, right?

Don't use a blender much so I don't have a Vitamix, but I ADORE my Electrolux Assistent mixer.

I am a foodie who is into tools and artistic craftsmanship. I also collect watches.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I'm a knut who had some money to throw around for awhile and got a few nice knives. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat.
    Jason

+ Reply to Thread