Make ahead breakfast

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbusby1

Reaction score
What are some good breakfasts you can make the night before and then take with you the next morning on your way out the door? Looking for some good options for a grab n' go breakfast...

Egg sandwich on a biscuit or an english muffin, or whatever. You can add bacon and/or cheese. Sausage would also work. But you will need a microwave to reheat it. Make and freeze several so that you won't have to make one every night.

I just pour some milk on cornflakes the evening before. By morning you can just grab a fistful and force it down.

Tortilla Española (Spanish Egg and Potato Omelette) . Delicious even (especially) when cold. See this article on Serious Eats: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/07/tortilla-espanola-spanish-potato-omelette-recipe.html

20160603-tortilla-espanola-vicky-wasik-16-thumb-1500xauto-432442.jpg

The spanish tortilla! Yum! but I'm kinda looking for something you don't need a fork to eat...

I really should do something more healthy like a quiche... I find myself always eyeing the Toaster Strudel though...

Meal supplement/protein powder, hemp hearts, chia seeds, spoonful instant coffee, spoonful powder peanutbutter, etc. premix in baggies (or buy multiple shaker bottles). Add water and shake when hungry.

I prefer to put the above mix in vitamix with dry oatmeal, cocoa nibs, pieces of frozen banana and a few icecubes. Makes a great starter for the morning. 200-500 calories depending on ingredients.

The spanish tortilla! Yum! but I'm kinda looking for something you don't need a fork to eat...

Spanish people just put it in a peace of baguette and voila you have a nice sandwich.

Egg roll is awesome, beat up the eggs with milk and seasoning (salt´n pepper).
Bake in the oven as a plate on a baking tray. Fill it with fresh stuff; yogurt, sprouts, salmon, bacon..
Roll it as a sushi.

I do breakfast sandwiches, make your egg and protein in advance(I use a ring mold to form the egg) and add whatever cheese/veg you like, wrap them and put it in the fridge, when reheating wrap them in damp paper towel(for that gas station effect) and boom, 10 minutes prep and 60 seconds each morning and you have a decent snack, option two is two poptarts and a protein shake(awww college how I miss thee)

Back