Quantcast
Still alive - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still alive

Awesome! Good luck! I'm a big fan of the show, so let us know when you're on.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

That's really cool. The judges are kinda a-wipes on the show, although they tend to be a little nicer now then they were the first season or two. I think off-camera they are much friendlier.

Can't wait to see your on-camera knife arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Good luck!
    I did chopped a while back, what a total pain in the ass. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousCowboy View Post
    PS why the **** hasn't anyone come in to eat yet?
    Anyone from KKF, or anyone at all!? That doesn't sound good.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I did chopped a while back, what a total pain in the ass. Have fun.
    Link please?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Link please?
    season 4 episode 11 keep on cookin on. i can't find a link

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    season 4 episode 11 keep on cookin on. i can't find a link
    I can only find it on iTunes. Episode 7 according to the index. Gotta get my wife to download this for me

http://www.clicker.com/tv/chopped/ke...-n-on-2297077/

when you watch keep in mine I just had a heart attack few days before. I was not at my best. I actually was barely standing and they had a paramedic on call watching my every move.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Link please?
    I couldn't get a direct link to work and the site is kinda a PIA where you have to click through a few pages to finally get to the show, but it's the only place that i could find it.

http://watchseries.eu/episode/~107913
    (click through one of the 'gorilliavideo' links in the list)

Watching this just reminded me why I don't watch this show: the most abnoxious, but idiotic judges in food tv.
    Son's preparation of the tenderloin was EXACTLY how I like it and actually alittle tricky to do well... and rather than recognize the validity of the approach, the a-wipe on the end is all like "i eat raw hamburger and this is too rare for me.
    But he thought that the well-done lump of grey that the other guy did was "perfect".

Anyway Son, know that even if I weren't biased by you being on here I still woulda picked your dish. I'm glad that you kept on cooking and I'd love to see what you could do in good health and in front of some people that hold their heads between their shoulders; not between their butt-cheeks.

at that point in the show they edited out all the good stuff. All of my knives disappeared, five minutes later they brought me someone else's pos knives to use. mine was the only tenderloin not cleaned. that's why i cooked it that way. I sold about 30 orders a week of black and blue fillets in my restaurant. we had taro root and you need to wear gloves as they are toxic raw, well my box of gloves disappeared off my table and you can't use anyone else's stuff. Allen say's " chef son why have you elected not to wear gloves with this highly toxic root" "because some ass stole my gloves".
    Half way between cooking the taro root chips the gas goes out on the stove and i end up with poached taro.

Chris jaekle forgets to season any of his food, no salt no pepper. The judges tell him that it is unacceptable for a chef to serve food without seasoning. Chris Santos tells him " i would never serve this in any of my restaurants." " This food is inedible!" The only thing that was good was the cherry sauce. he went on to the next round. keep in mind he is Morimoto's sous chef.

Poppy who owns a restaurant that only serves meat cut every steak a different thickness. serves one chef a burnt hockey puck, one a perfect medium and one rare to the judges and he too forgot to season. judges say's " are you sure you own a meat restaurant, maybe you should rethink that" he also went on to the next round. Keep in mind he went to culinary school with one of the producers.

My turn after all the crap, I turn in some pretty good food. I told them it would be black and blue. Chris says " this eggplant compote is so good I want the recipe for my new restaurant." Amanda say's " this is so yummy I licked the plate" " i really love the flavor profile of this dish it all works together" Chris " I knew you knew what you were doing when you toasted the bread in the rendered beef fat, Oh My God!" Scott" I don't get the bread, what do i want toast for?" " This is too raw for me and I eat raw hamburger."

While we were waiting in the green room, the other contestants came up and congratulated me for winning. They both had pretty much thrown in the towel after getting raped in the judging. I walked out fully expecting to move to the next round, They lifted up the cover and it was me. I said thank you and as I walked out the door, they stopped production and everyone that was working there came and said goodbye to me. Said I was the nicest contestant they ever had and if I ever needed anything give them a call. All of that was edited out.