Quantcast
Still alive - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still alive

Wow.
    Thanks for sharing all of that. I always suspected that there was a lot of BS that goes on behind the scenes/gets "cut" in editing, but I never knew that it was that bad.
    For whatever it's worth, just know that even in the edited, spun, crap they aired, you still came out looking like you should have won that round.

Every time I try a new, self-proclaimed steakhouse, I order my steak black n' blue or Pittsburgh blue(as I've also heard it called). I can count on 1 hand the number of places that knew what that was and on 2 fingers the number of them that did it perfectly.
    Your show was clearly a case of Scott not knowing a perfect filet even if was staring him in the face.

On a side note I had no idea that taro root was toxic raw.... I always cook it, but I am a bit shocked/embraced that never knew and it's not marked on the packaging.
    Can the calcium-oxalate be absorbed through the skin, and or are the gloves just to avoid cross contamination?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    Wow.
    Thanks for sharing all of that. I always suspected that there was a lot of BS that goes on behind the scenes/gets "cut" in editing, but I never knew that it was that bad.
    For whatever it's worth, just know that even in the edited, spun, crap they aired, you still came out looking like you should have won that round.

Every time I try a new, self-proclaimed steakhouse, I order my steak black n' blue or Pittsburgh blue(as I've also heard it called). I can count on 1 hand the number of places that knew what that was and on 2 fingers the number of them that did it perfectly.
    Your show was clearly a case of Scott not knowing a perfect filet even if was staring him in the face.

On a side note I had no idea that taro root was toxic raw.... I always cook it, but I am a bit shocked/embraced that never knew and it's not marked on the packaging.
    Can the calcium-oxalate be absorbed through the skin, and or are the gloves just to avoid cross contamination?
    thanks, Justin
    if your skin is overly sensitive or you have cuts or broken skin people have been known to have reactions. In my case, we filmed this in February and the skin on my hands were cracked and the taro root caused a rather uncomfortable burning sensation. You know they contacted me for the show and i said no, but my boss wanted me to do it for the exposure. In the end, i did it for the experience. I even told them I didn't care if I won I just didn't want to be the first one voted off and I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousCowboy View Post
    PS why the **** hasn't anyone come in to eat yet?
    chef hours buddy, no days off, no money.lol

I totaly missed this...i will try to make it in soon.

PS why the **** hasn't anyone come in to eat yet?
    Cause it's a 26 hour, 1600 mile drive?

Just shot the chopped episode. Signed a confidentiality agreement so I can't really say **** other than the shoot took almost 17 hours (not counting the 5 hours it took to shoot the 30 second intro) and that it will air in september--first episode of the new season.
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    sachem, I remember watching that episode and was yelling at the judges on how stupid the one of them was on how your meat was cooked. I hope you had found your knives, it would really suck if you ended up losing money doing the show. It may also be that you just had a heart attack that they got rid of you so soon.

Any way good luck on the show. hope you did well, and I hope you had a better time than sachem did.

Just shot the chopped episode...
    Sweet! Can't wait to see it and hear about your experience.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

it will air in september--first episode of the new season.
    Cool! I'll be sure to watch it on Hulu in August 2014.

quick bump to this thread , Anxious , I was wondering if you guys would be interested in having a Stage maybe in april for like a week , If I am able to get it.

I have been looking around and have been seeing la sillhouette getting some great reviews , maybe send me a PM if you see this

ps. I dont suck

+ Reply to Thread