Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still alive

It is obvious that you are an experienced chef, but I never knew I was dealing with a TV Star!

I wondered why you did not clean that tender, in all honesty I thought it was an old guy thing. I have worked with many chefs of our generation, particularly in europe, who would not strip off the chain or silverskin.

imho that particular show had an agenda; that being the classical rules that trained chefs view as dogma are to be ignored-even if they make sense!!! I have nothing against innovation for its own sake, but sometimes there is a good reason no one has tried a particular combination before. You should take it as a compliment that they chose you as a target because they viewed you as a chef who knew how to prepare classical food correctly.

HEART ATTACK TWO DAYS BEFORE! Actually, being a real culinarian from a time when chefs were chefs I would expect no less-GET THE FOOD OUT!!!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Awesome, congrats. That's some good press too. Do you guys have a PR person? Or are food writers in NY actually on top of it ? In my po-dunk town you can tell the only food group that has a PR person because they are in the paper every week and get a 2 sentence paragraph in BA or F&W.
    My family & I are heading up to visit the wife's side of the family in CT this summer. Will take the train in and check it out.

We just made a pr transition, it's a must in nyc. Definitely hit me up when you're in town!
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    season 4 episode 11 keep on cookin on. i can't find a link
    Holy crap -- the Son episode is on right now! (and repeats at 2:00 am)

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Holy crap -- the Son episode is on right now! (and repeats at 2:00 am)
    Yep on now pacific time then again at 11pm. Lol was just thinking about him. My 9 year old son broke my toe sideways today when he was horse playing. Wife was at work I was watching the kids. So I relocated and reset it myself and then taped it to the toe next to it. For some reason this reminded me of son "sachem"

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    gonna have to watch that one again. Been a while, may have to go get some red wine (only alcohol I can drink) and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    sachem, I remember watching that episode and was yelling at the judges on how stupid the one of them was on how your meat was cooked. I hope you had found your knives, it would really suck if you ended up losing money doing the show. It may also be that you just had a heart attack that they got rid of you so soon.

Any way good luck on the show. hope you did well, and I hope you had a better time than sachem did.
    Watched the episode you were on last night, I can't believe you were chopped when you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    sachem, I remember watching that episode and was yelling at the judges on how stupid the one of them was on how your meat was cooked. I hope you had found your knives, it would really suck if you ended up losing money doing the show. It may also be that you just had a heart attack that they got rid of you so soon.

Any way good luck on the show. hope you did well, and I hope you had a better time than sachem did.
    Watched the episode you were on last night, I can't believe you were chopped when you were. I was mistaken what episode you were on though.

I have never watched it, but I can't believe I lost either. lol
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I watched it twice the other night, and the outcome was the same both times.