Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: Cheesecake help please

Cheesecake help please

I知 trying to make individual sized cheesecakes in a muffin tin with liners, batter is two eight ounce packages of cream cheese with two eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes and when they cool they fall bad.

Let me know how to do them please.

Hoss

Devin,
    Are you using a pan of water on the rack below while you are baking. That should help with cracking and falling if you are keeping it better hydrated while cooking.

Several other things that I would do is to grease the outside of the tin before putting in the batter, I would consider even putting the muffin pan in a pan of water to even out the cooking temps as it warms up, don't open the door of the oven while cooking it, shut off the oven before it is done and let it completely cool with the oven off before opening the door. timing on that last one can be a little tricky and may take a little practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Devin,
    Are you using a pan of water on the rack below while you are baking. That should help with cracking and falling if you are keeping it better hydrated while cooking.

Several other things that I would do is to grease the outside of the tin before putting in the batter, I would consider even putting the muffin pan in a pan of water to even out the cooking temps as it warms up, don't open the door of the oven while cooking it, shut off the oven before it is done and let it completely cool with the oven off before opening the door. timing on that last one can be a little tricky and may take a little practice.
    Great points. Setting the pan in water is a good trick, especially with muffin pans.. those buggers always heat unevenly. Expect a longer bake time of course.

Here痴 some key points I keep in mind for cheesecake. I always beat the eggs separately before starting. I値l start the mixture by beating only the cream cheese til smooth. Then incorporate everything, reserving 2/3 of the egg and mix on low. Using a spatula I値l scrap the bowl and incorporate lumps into the mix. Watching the batter, you値l know when to add the remaining egg (not all at once). Avoid air bubbles and over mixing.

Also all ingredients should be at room temp.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Beat the batter as little as possible. Just enough to make it smooth, not more. The more you beat it the more you whip air in it. It sounds like a good idea, but it'll actually make the batter weaker. It'll rise more, but it'll go flat easier and/or make cracks when cooking.

Good stuff guys, thanks.

Hoss

for insurance..what about piping on a light cream cheese topping?

Don't know if this helps much but here's my foolproof cheesecake recipe. Yeah it's for a full size 10" cake but the methods are the same. All except the cook times that is.

Maybe consider the Graham cracker crust. Oreo crumbs work the same way.

Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/