Quantcast
Immersion Blender Recommendation? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immersion Blender Recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemac View Post
    I thought for sure I was crazy when I bought my BAMIX for $125 +/- (???)....but that was over 20 years ago, so I guess it was inexpensive in the long run
    +1 They are great, almost indestructible.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Soup making is the #1 intended task we're looking to do with it. My wife likes to make butternut squash soup and this seems like it would help her out with that.
    Yeah, I'd like that too, but my wife doesn't like any kind of winter squashes. If I find a knife for my new Stefan handle before you get a stick blender, I'd be happy put my blender in the box along with my knife and handle for my rehandle job I'm going to send you. My blender is pretty much shelfware although it is handy when I need it.

Soup making is the #1 intended task we're looking to do with it. My wife likes to make butternut squash soup and this seems like it would help her out with that.
    well, i know its expensive but seeing as how we all have dropped so many paychecks on cutlery, it might be in order to recommend a vita prep. no need to get a new fancy CIA edition, just an older one will do just fine. i got ours at an restaurant supply auction for less than $150. there is nothing like it

that's funny, I was using my cheapy Oster blender to make butternut squash soup last night while I was talking to you on the phone.

I make mine with red curry, basil, chicken stock, and salt/pepper

how bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by StephanFowler View Post
    that's funny, I was using my cheapy Oster blender to make butternut squash soup last night while I was talking to you on the phone.

I make mine with red curry, basil, chicken stock, and salt/pepper

how bout you?
    I don't what she does but it has this hint of carrot taste to it that I love. Is that weird?

Either spring for a Bamix or go with a cheap Cuisinart. Anything in between will be no better than the Cuisinart. I agree that if you want to puree soups, a Vita-Mix is the best thing for it. I can normally process a pot of soup in two or three batches, so it's not terribly inconvenient.

+ Reply to Thread