The Knives and Stones of Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jklip13

Reaction score
Since moving to Kyoto a few months ago, I realize I haven't posted any pictures of the knives and stones here.
Konosuke Sakai HQ
IMG_1804.jpg

A sculpture made by one of Konosuke's craftsmen
IMG_1807.jpg

lots of Konosuke HD2s in the works
IMG_1810.jpg

Lots more HD2
IMG_1784.jpg

visiting the Fujiyama line's sharpener
IMG_1797.jpg

At a local natural stone dealer's shop
IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

One if the few knives I've bought here
IMG_1965.jpg

Mt fuji Honyaki
IMG_1950.jpg

Some more Honyaki
IMG_1884.jpg

I just love Japan and seeing all your pics is very special. Your knives are amazing - you’re so lucky to be there and have the access you do. Totally jealous!! Keep posting more pics - would love to see them

Dang Jon, you always come with the heat!

Wow. Very interesting. Thx for sharing. Don't be shy about posting more. That first photo of Konosuke's HQ reminded me of the TARDIS. I bet it's like that when you enter as well. Can you give us some more info on the very last photo? That bottom gyuto looks massive; to the point where the handle looks disproportionately small.

That bottom gyuto looks massive; to the point where the handle looks disproportionately small.

Perspective distortion caused by the camera placement relative to the subject. Note how the texture of the underlying surface looks very wide and spaced out at the tip compared to the relatively compressed features near and beyond the handle.

Wow. Very interesting. Thx for sharing. Don't be shy about posting more. That first photo of Konosuke's HQ reminded me of the TARDIS. I bet it's like that when you enter as well. Can you give us some more info on the very last photo? That bottom gyuto looks massive; to the point where the handle looks disproportionately small.
Yeah just the angle, the dimensions are the same as the ebony handled gyuto 2 pictures above

Aah yes, I see it now. Thanks for the tip re: background sizing as a reference point. I'll remember that for the future.

Some nice knives Jklip, the self restraint must be killing you.

Wow.. That looks like it would be an amazing place to visit!

Back