Beef(or chicken) Korean Bulgogi lettuce wraps.
OK, cant decide between the two so I'm going with both! chicken or beef whichever you prefer.
1.5 lbs, Rib eye or eye of round(fattier cuts any will do.)
or 4 chicken breast
4 tbl sp, soy sauce(light colored soy)
peanut oil(required for cooking)
1 tbl sp, sesame oil
1 tbl sp, 2 tea sp brown sugar
1 tbl sp, garlic, minced
2 tea sp, ginger minced
1 tbl sp, sake(or white wine if you prefer)
salt to taste
Jasmine rice, maybe 2 cups?
Kimchi if you want
1. Trim exterior fat from beef(Or get all the blood spots off the chicken) slice of VERY thin strips on a bias of the protiene you chose.
2. Pat the brown sugar onto the beef(or chicken) let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3. mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sake, limes and as much salt as you prefer.
4. drain the liquid from the beef(or chicken) and add to the Marinate made in step 3, don't worry about the sugar on the beef just yet. let marinate for 20 minutes. When you add the beef kind of massage it in a little so it all gets homogenized etc...
5. dry off as much as the marinate as you can, if need be use a tiny bit of water, if you leave too much of the marinate on they will char because of the high sugar content.
6. Flip over your favorite cast iron skillet and scrub it till its clean as a whistle. place it on the burner upside down and let it get screaming hot. get a paper town and brush on peanut oil an add the protein 3-4 at a time, they cook in about 15 seconds per side tops(remember they are super thin). Also scrub the crap out of your skillet in between the raw and cooked Bulgogi because it will pick up the char from the previous session.
7. once all is made serve with jasmine rice and bibb lettuce, also if you want(I know you said not a lot of spicy) you can serve with kimchi as well, its spicy fermented nappa cabbage, sounds nasty but its delicious. you may have to go to a korean market for it.
Well, this is my entry, healthy Korean wraps. I doubt its too complicated for you! If you got any questions just PM me.