• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS/WTT Masamoto KS Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MastrAndre

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for a new home for this rare knife...

Barely used, sharpened once, it’s a legendary one, but I need to make place for (a lot of) incoming custom orders...

I’m sure I’m gonna miss this baby, but it’s a part of the game.

I set 500$ as value for this KS, but let’s talk about :)

Shipping worldwide, Paypal an buyer, shipment on me.

Thank you for your consideration

Cheers
Andre

So tempting! These things hardly ever pop up nowadays...

Koki has said that masamoto has removed this from their catalogues. I have heard for other sources that this will never be made again. It’s rare and in high demand and not made anymore..

Get it while it’s still available

Oh man, I cut myself off otherwise I'd consider this just to see what all the fuss is about.

BTW, you getting more Comets, Andre? :biggrin: :curse: :justkidding:

Maybe I should consider selling mine for 500 bones too:nunchucks::scratchhead:

Koki has said that masamoto has removed this from their catalogues. I have heard for other sources that this will never be made again. It’s rare and in high demand and not made anymore..

Get it while it’s still available

This doesn't make sense to me, if I could make a really kick ass knife, that was in high demand, using relatively inexpensive materials and knew I could get top dollar for it, I would think any normal company would see dollar signs. I mean this knife is a legend that has been copied more times than I can think of, by westren makers and japanese smiths, it's basically the gold standard for it's body type, it's the Ferrari Testarossa of Japanese knives, a true classic.

This doesn't make sense to me, if I could make a really kick ass knife, that was in high demand, using relatively inexpensive materials and knew I could get top dollar for it, I would think any normal company would see dollar signs. I mean this knife is a legend that has been copied more times than I can think of, by westren makers and japanese smiths, it's basically the gold standard for it's body type, it's the Ferrari Testarossa of Japanese knives, a true classic.

I can't go into details but I heard it from a very reputable source with an in with both sakai and masamoto.. let's just say politics and relationships play a big part in the knife making world in Japan.. I'm sure for Masamoto this is a no brainer but it's not as simple as that

Oh man, I cut myself off otherwise I'd consider this just to see what all the fuss is about.

BTW, you getting more Comets, Andre? :biggrin: :curse: :justkidding:

Of course I’m getting more Comets, a lot are on order ☝️[emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94]

That's sad to hear they've been discontinued... I hope they can work things out and resume production

Doing 8 - 12 the hard way for about a week now. What day is this?

Andre seems to be rolling with it. If he's good, I'm good. It's almost 8.

No worries, everything is cool[emoji41]

Got a lot of mails, everything is answered, I suppose the knife’ll be gone till evening :)

Trolls are free to troll anyway, I’ll survive it...

*popcorn*

No worries, everything is cool[emoji41]

Got a lot of mails, everything is answered, I suppose the knife’ll be gone till evening :)

Trolls are free to troll anyway, I’ll survive it...

*popcorn*

I do appreciate your going for fair market value on this amazing knife and hope it sells quickly, as it should! :thumbsup:

... 'all publicity is good publicity'...

LOL

have a bump.

I wonder where we (as a community) would price this if it was put up for an auction on this site. In light of the popularity of the knife and its scarcity, it would be an interesting experiment. It might also give us an idea as to value. Given the difficulty in acquiring on when they were still being made, it seems that the $300 price was a bit low for the market.

I wonder where we (as a community) would price this if it was put up for an auction on this site. In light of the popularity of the knife and its scarcity, it would be an interesting experiment. It might also give us an idea as to value. Given the difficulty in acquiring on when they were still being made, it seems that the $300 price was a bit low for the market.
$400 before delivery was the last KS sold on a BST in the last 12 months. Since then the KS became even more scarce. $500 seems reasonable at a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back