Kramer 8" carbon on sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually I like a 240, but with this particular knife, I find the profile to be better in the 8" version. That's a great deal.

Amazing price. I can't stand the blade profile, but what a deal for someone that can get along with that knife.

Amazing price. I can't stand the blade profile, but what a deal for someone that can get along with that knife.

I thought the same exact thing until I used one...somehow it works and does so very well.

I thought the same exact thing until I used one...somehow it works and does so very well.

I own one in stainless, and I never get to the point where I like the profile. I have an 8", never used the 10", but I imagine the 10" has a better transition from the flat spot into the belly. It's very abrupt on the 8". The handle and choil are nice, though.

It is a cool knife. I bought one for my brother for more than this. I tried it before I gave it to him, and even though it seems very comfortable and well balanced, it is very tall at the heel. In combination with my height and counter plus board height, I couldn't use it comfortably. I think it will work well for nakiri users.

I owned exactly this knife and really wanted to like it, badly. I tried, and tried, and tried, and tried... But I always found the handle too chubby and never liked the profile. The taper was awesome and it was an onion killer but although I like taller blades, the 8" version of this knife didn't work for me. Again, handle was too big and the knife too short for its height. The 10" version could be better but the profile looks odd to me...

I like mine. probably the thickest knife i own at the moment.

I would really love to have the 10" version instead.

everybody ive spoken to loves the shape of the handle, including myself.

I own one in stainless, and I never get to the point where I like the profile. I have an 8", never used the 10", but I imagine the 10" has a better transition from the flat spot into the belly. It's very abrupt on the 8". The handle and choil are nice, though.

Fair enough, I've only used the 10" carbon.

I too liked the handle.

Back