Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Brooklyn: Made by Hand

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    This video got mentioned on Bike Snob NYC, here.
    Ha! I used to read Bike Snob NYC all the time. Funny dude.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Well done video, I probably would have left out the F Bombs as it is his business promotional material.

Production and everything was good on the video, and the knives do look like they have good F&F. It's just funny that someone that makes knives for a living would say that there are only 4 to 5 people making kitchen knives in the U.S. Also, i thought the swearing was cheesy, it didn't even seem natural. Like he was trying to act like a badass on camera. Just my thoughts.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    Production and everything was good on the video, and the knives do look like they have good F&F. It's just funny that someone that makes knives for a living would say that there are only 4 to 5 people making kitchen knives in the U.S. Also, i thought the swearing was cheesy, it didn't even seem natural. Like he was trying to act like a badass on camera. Just my thoughts.

Mike
    You have to keep in mind the audience this video was made for. It's unlikely to be you or me.

There are 4-5 A Level kitchen knives makers in the US, he is correct about that, and we all know who they are. The rest are B level and C level makers (no offense to anybody intended) and I can think of one that might be D. To get to be the A level, you have to compare and to test your knives against A level makers. That is the only way. Also, to be an A maker, you have to do all processes in house (heat treating, all the grinding, etc), as this gives you a full control over the outcome. Plus heat-treating is what makes a difference most of the time.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I also think he said when he started making kitchen knives, there were only 4 or 5 guys in the States doing this.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I liked the movie

honest, strong effects in black/white and nice filming

i like the movie as well. production was interesting and gave an insight into what he was trying to do without being edgy just for edgy-ness' sake (if thats a word)

only thing, i would be wearing eye protection
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    Also, i thought the swearing was cheesy, it didn't even seem natural. Like he was trying to act like a badass on camera. Just my thoughts.
    Mike
    Gotta live up to that whole "Yo, Brooklyn" image.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I'll be curious to see if anyone gets a passaround put together. I contacted Joel a while back, and while he seems like a cool guy, who appears to know his stuff, I got the impression he was fine with the audience/customers he already has.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    You have to keep in mind the audience this video was made for. It's unlikely to be you or me.

There are 4-5 A Level kitchen knives makers in the US, he is correct about that, and we all know who they are. The rest are B level and C level makers (no offense to anybody intended) and I can think of one that might be D.

M
    No I don't who's the A-team? I know Bob gets the #1 but out side of him who would your everyday persion know? W.F. Must be on the D- F+ list