Quantcast
Cut Brooklyn: Made by Hand
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Brooklyn: Made by Hand

Cut Brooklyn: Made by Hand

Nice video...

Cool vid.

I think there are more than 4 or 5 guys hand making kitchen knives in the US nowadays though!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Nice vid. Thanks for posting. mpp

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Wish we could get a passaround going on one of these. The profiles are interesting enough I'd want to try one and it's American made, but the price is a bit prohibitive without a lot of trusted feedback.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Wish we could get a passaround going on one of these. The profiles are interesting enough I'd want to try one and it's American made, but the price is a bit prohibitive without a lot of trusted feedback.
    Yup, +1 to all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    +2. Although, I have to say, the design looks promising. I'd bet (less than $500) that they are fine knives.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    +2. Although, I have to say, the design looks promising. I'd bet (less than $500) that they are fine knives.
    Why doesn't somebody contact Joel and arrange a pass-around of one of his knives and have folks review it? This would help establish the knife (and maker's) merits and end speculations. 15000hours is a lot of time to put into a craft and should speak for themselves.

Or perhaps an owner would pass-around one of CB knives. The sooner we get to the bottom of this, the better for reputation of the brand.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I've handled his Prospect line of chef's knives quite a bit. I think that most people would find them thin enough with great fit 'n finish. What people here might not like so much is the belly profile and handle shape as they're both sort of outside of the norm for this group.

I like outside of the norm.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Why doesn't somebody contact Joel and arrange a pass-around of one of his knives and have folks review it? This would help establish the knife (and maker's) merits and end speculations. 15000hours is a lot of time to put into a craft and should speak for themselves...
    Good idea.

@Dave: I didn't see any "pregnant-looking" knives on his webpage. If anything, I thought the 2/3 of the knife toward the heel was too flat. They look dead flat to my eye.

+ Reply to Thread