Takamura Suminagashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB1968

Reaction score
Takamura Suminagashi 240mm Gyuto became available today at Chefs Armoury in Australia for anyone interested, the wait time for these to arrive has been prolonged to say the least, these are difficult knives to find.

I have the 270, if you can get this, it is the best stainless knife I have ever used and may honestly be the best period, its grind is spectacular, it's finish is stunning and it's edge retention and sharpenabilty is A+++, it's only downfall is it costs the big bucks

I got one too :) same as above, awesome knife

Just looked, they are out of stock again.

Godslayer has his opinion... they are really great knives. I dont know if they are the best though, I wont be selling mine for a while though.

The reason they are so rare, is that the takamura brothers also make blazen/ ryusen. and it takes them supposedly (knifewear information) 6 times longer to make a 210 uchigumo than a 210 migaki (redhandle)

Just looked, they are out of stock again.

Godslayer has his opinion... they are really great knives. I dont know if they are the best though, I wont be selling mine for a while though.

The reason they are so rare, is that the takamura brothers also make blazen/ ryusen. and it takes them supposedly (knifewear information) 6 times longer to make a 210 uchigumo than a 210 migaki (redhandle)

Sorry Takamura fan boy, the only knife I've used that rivals my 270 uchi is a dalman, I am unsure how a 210 performs, I do have two 210mm red handles though, I find the edge to be very similar in feel to my masakage shimo but with better edge retention, as for the uchigumo being sold, that doesn't surprise me, I have been on a wait list for a suji from this line forever. Saying all this, I haven't used every single knife out there but of the ones I have the Takamura would probably be my last or second last to be sold.

Latest posts

Back