Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chicago Chef Knife Show

Quote Originally Posted by timos View Post
    wow, this sounds really cool. I have been waiting for a kitchen knife show to come about. Even if its just a small exclusive thing at this point, really interested to see where this goes!

BTW milkbaby, i wish i had extra money id send you a 2x72, it would be awesome to see what you would come up with!
    Haha! I'm flattered, Tim! I'm pretty sure that I'm skipping Blade and will probably get a Grizzly 2x72 after I move to a new house. I'm not 100% decided yet, I might just spring for a nicer 2x72 but am unsure of where I'm putting my grinder in the new place.

One of these days though, I hope to meet you and hold one of your knives in person!

Quote Originally Posted by MaumasiFireArts View Post
    Blade is a lot of fun, but extremely overwhelming. Lots of people to see and talk to, that are also seeing and talking to others.

Where are you located? While it isn't ideal, it's possible that you can find someone near you, that you could barter, pay, or work for time on their machine. Just a thought.
    Thanks for the advice Mareko! I'm such a geek that I'm sure I would have a blast at Blade. Plus I just like to meet people and love to learn from them. I feel like there's something to learn from everybody I meet.

I'm 90 minutes north of Orlando. The Doghouse forge guys are within driving distance. I'm 90% leaning towards a Grizzly 2x72 right now as it will probably be a huge upgrade from 1x30. I'm sort of considering an Esteem 2x72 depending on my workshop situation after moving into a new house in the fall. I probably will have to forego variable speed due to lack of 220V.

Still, Chicago sounds like a fun time... I totally admire you and the other makers going to the show and it would be cool to examine y'all's work in person!

Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    Thanks for the advice Mareko! I'm such a geek that I'm sure I would have a blast at Blade. Plus I just like to meet people and love to learn from them. I feel like there's something to learn from everybody I meet.

I'm 90 minutes north of Orlando. The Doghouse forge guys are within driving distance. I'm 90% leaning towards a Grizzly 2x72 right now as it will probably be a huge upgrade from 1x30. I'm sort of considering an Esteem 2x72 depending on my workshop situation after moving into a new house in the fall. I probably will have to forego variable speed due to lack of 220V.

Still, Chicago sounds like a fun time... I totally admire you and the other makers going to the show and it would be cool to examine y'all's work in person!
    The Doghouse guys are great! I really like them a lot. I know it would be a bit of an investment up front, but Pheer brand grinders are awesome, especially for the price he's offering them at. I really like the machines a lot. I wish I had a 6 of them in my shop. Also, he offers them in both 110v as well as 220v variable speed. It all comes down to how the variable speed drive is wired. The motor is 3 phase and can be wired to run off either 110 or 220.

Another reason to consider it, is that machines of the same or similar quality are easily 2x-3x the price he's asking. It's also a way more reliable machine that'll easily last 20+ years.

Oops! Forgot the link.

http://www.2x72beltgrinder.com/

Oops! Forgot the link.

Thank you so much for all the info! Now I'm pretty sure that I'll get a Pheer, possibly before the end of the year. Those prices are really good, WOW. THANK YOU!

Oops! Forgot the link.

Mareko!
    You going to make it to Chicago? it would be nice to get to hang out and chat about knives and such again. Also, will you be bringing along any "goodies" with you?