Quantcast
Screw-up..with
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screw-up..with

Screw-up..with????

I did a late-night blade mounting,first mistake.I thought the epoxy was set up,but when I went to check the blade in the morning it had slumped forward.The handle looks funky angled down and I am in the process of replacing it now.I really had to test this out as it looked funky but felt good on the board.When the edge of the blade is at full contact with the board the handle is parallel with the board.It just seems more ergonomic to me.Any thoughts on handle placement would be great.Thanx

I like it! Especially if like you say the ergonomics are better! It kind of has the same arc as a Kramer IMO
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Broida has a thread here somewhere about handle angle preferences, etc. I like my tip up a little.
    BTW, knife looks great Mario
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

The knife looks great, to be honest.

I just came up with a theory: if the butt of the handle is angled down, it is likely more ergo-friendly for guys who aren't quite as tall, while butt up is better for taller guys. This would be a result of where the board meets up with the person cutting. To further explain this, when I cut, at most counter tops, with the board, the food is just about hip height, while for a shorter guy, it might be at his belly button, or even higher. For the shorter person, an angled down butt of the handle would allow the elbow to stay in a more neutral position, rather than being rammed up towards the sky to compensate for the angle.

Did that make any sense at all?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

it made sense halfway through then everything started getting blurry. It could be the drugs. Lefty, think 1960's China town special heading your way.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

If your screw ups look that good, you've nothing to worry about.

You should have pretended that was intentional. I say leave it as is.

Bum, ah well these things happen, you won't be happy till its on right, I know the feeling.. .Love the new Logo, quite tribal

Depends on how you hold the knife. I hold very little handle in hand, so angling down is not good for me.

I'd leave it. Sometimes good things happen unintentionally. Maybe the new owner loves it the way it is and you've discovered a whole new way of mounting your handles?

I know it sounds dumb but could you perhaps shave a little off the handle now to accentuate the curve?

+ Reply to Thread