Black epoxy for a smooth transition from horn to knife handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagohawkie

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a black epoxy or sealer for where the knife enters the horn Ferrell? Just want to finish up a rehandle job with a nice smooth seal around the blade. I used a clear epoxy to fit the handle and it shows a little in the gaps.

I just mix TransTint dyes in with clear epoxy. The dyes come in many colors and are incredibly concentrated. Good stuff!

Thanks Rick, I’m doing this for the first time and was hoping to find a solution that would come ready made in a syringe setup so I could just bead it on.

If “almost black” will suffice then you can scrape some pencil lead on sandpaper and mix that into your epoxy. If you have some of that powdered graphite lubricant it’s even darker.

When I do my installs I use clear epoxy, but inevitably find voids after it hardens. I then protect areas that need protection from glue with board conditioner and fill any voids with CA glue. Wipe off excess and done.

Back