Quantcast
Fountain pens- any fans on KKF? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fountain pens- any fans on KKF?

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Been meaning to make some fountains but just haven't gotten around to it. I have made a couple of ball pionts I have a picture of the last one if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    Been meaning to make some fountains but just haven't gotten around to it. I have made a couple of ball pionts I have a picture of the last one if anyone is interested.
    I certainly would!

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Ok Jim You asked for it.

This is Mokume Gane that I made myself. It is brass and copper with Titanium fittings. Hope you all like it.

Very elegant!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Very elegant!
    Ain't that the truth!

This thread inspired me to dig my Waterman out of my desk draw at work. I opened the case and . . . gone.

I keep re-searching the desk every forty five minutes but no luck. But I did find a two year old package of oyster crackers. So I've got that going for me.

OK, this thread made me dip a toe in the water. Now, don't laugh, but I have a Lamy Safari coming in from Amazon. Yeah, I know that's like having a Forschner paring knife in a group of Shigefusa owners...

or a Moped parked in Hell's Angels garage
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    OK, this thread made me dip a toe in the water. Now, don't laugh, but I have a Lamy Safari coming in from Amazon. Yeah, I know that's like having a Forschner paring knife in a group of Shigefusa owners...
    Nothing wrong with a Lamy! I got a couple of year's use out of mine, and if I hadn't given it away to someone trying to convert them to fountains I'd probably still use it once in awhile today. What are your ink plans? IIRC the Lamy ships with a cartridge or two, but you may want to pick up a converter so you can refill from a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by qvindtar View Post
    Nothing wrong with a Lamy! I got a couple of year's use out of mine, and if I hadn't given it away to someone trying to convert them to fountains I'd probably still use it once in awhile today. What are your ink plans? IIRC the Lamy ships with a cartridge or two, but you may want to pick up a converter so you can refill from a bottle.
    I've got a converter in my Amazon shopping cart, and I'm considering a bottle of Noodler's Black. What's your opinion about the ink?