D. Martell USPS - doing our part.....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
.....to keep it going. Plus it's always fun to beat up the postman on Monday morning. :D

attachment.php

P1010004.jpg

I wish one of those packages was heading my way

Hahaha nice.

But I wouldn't consider 50 gallons of the cheapest styrofoam peanuts in the world "beating him up". :poke1:

Yeah! One of those boxes is mine. Can't wait to get it and do some more sharpening.

Woohoo!! One of those is mine as well. Just when I thought I had nothing to look forward to this weekend, I get a nice surprise like this!

I dunno. I'm still waiting to see #6, lol. I'm passing through LA again over Thanksgiving weekend and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get to check it out. :)

F**K I hate Canada Customs!!! I'm tracking my stropping kit that entered customs on Nov. 10 and it just cleared today after 7 days. ***!!! Oh well, at least with some luck it will be here tomorrow or early next week.

F**K I hate Canada Customs!!! I'm tracking my stropping kit that entered customs on Nov. 10 and it just cleared today after 7 days. ***!!! Oh well, at least with some luck it will be here tomorrow or early next week.

And your last shipment got there so fast....go figure?!?

I got lucky, according to CP shipment is out for delivery currenty, cleared customs on tuesday in (Montreal). Will hopefully be a note for me when I'm home!

thats not bad at all considering some of the stuff i see... Australia is the worst IMO... they sit on packages forever

thats not bad at all considering some of the stuff i see... Australia is the worst IMO... they sit on packages forever

Australia tends to sit on them for about 2 weeks.
But it get's worse.
ARGENTINA.
I mailed a package priority mail and 6 weeks later it had still not arrived.
So I mailed replacement pieces by Express mail.
They have been sitting in Argentina Customs since October 12th.
One customer there said they have to go to the customs office and spend the day to get their packages, or wait a month or two until they decide to process them through customs.

F**K I hate Canada Customs!!! I'm tracking my stropping kit that entered customs on Nov. 10 and it just cleared today after 7 days. ***!!!
7 days is not too bad, comparatively. It used to be better - or at least there used to be about 50/50 chance they'd just let an item through without delay. Now it seems I'm lucky if it's stuck in customs for only a week. I've had 3 items now that have each taken about 2-3 weeks.

Is this what they mean by "free trade"?

US customs can be just as bad. I just had some buffalo horn stuck there for 3 weeks.

Stefan

I hope one day my knives and scissors are in one of the USPS boxes ;) Christmas is coming and gift wrapping doesn't cut itself.

k.

Oh snap, that's right, I forgot about the scissors. Oh man I have so much work to do!

Got my stropping kit today, it's gonna be a sharpening weekend!

Latest posts

Back