Quantcast
Staff Meals! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Staff Meals!

Yeah, here in Sweden they can't legally give you food for free. (counts as a benefit)
    So our union makes sure a few bucks off our salary goes to that..

I've worked at places where we eat of the lunchmenu and then a separate dinner of what's overstocked/left over.
    And places with a separate menu for the staff, where it's treated just as seriously as our other foods. (Like spending two days on a piece of meat for the staff, and so on)
    But it's a perk with having prep from 8-17 and then service to 01, where we end the day with a late night snack.

Its union in my restaurant, so we pay everyone $7 a day for food to cover cost of them picking up food their own and bringing it in. If we were to provide staff meal legally by union rules we'd have to make 1 fish option, 1 meat option, 1 vegetarian option, 1 grain option, 1 vegan option, etc. I wish it were easier to feed everyone w/o getting into this legal stuff, but nope. So the chefs cook for each other and the FOH managers, b/c we're not union, for family meal.

Sweden has rules AGAINST benefits for employees?

Quote Originally Posted by JanusInTheGarden View Post
    Sweden has rules AGAINST benefits for employees?
    Well, not exactly. - But you can't give it away as that would be counted as sort of payment ie. you'll have to tax on it.
    But a few bucks per working day and you've got food. (That money is given by the union, but in some cases you'll add a bit extra yourself depending on the place, due to quality.)

You americans know not what taxing is, until you've visited Sweden. But then, those taxes are needed, if we didn't have them we'd be in notable debt as we have many government-funded benefits. And so on, so i'm on with the taxes.

+ Reply to Thread