NYE Dinner

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are staying home, which is fine by me;) playing board games, eating a great dinner, and drinking too much wine to safely drive.

Thinking of cooking hanger steaks on the grill, grilled brussel sprouts, and french fries. Still trying to decide on another side. I'll start with a Pinot for appetizer and cooking stages then move on to a Cab for the dinner. A nice French Calvados post dinner.

Anyone else have their menu planned?

How about I just bring a salad and show up at your place:)

We started tonight. Wife and I stood around the kitchen counter laughing. Drinking bubbly, and eating oysters as fast as I could shuck them.

I got fast there at the end. I switched to scotch at the end. ( new haven style oyster knife for the Win)

Tomorrow night. Peking duck!

Working :( as a chef the odds of me getting NYE off is nil, probably make it home at 3am and pour myself a glass of 25 year old single malt, wonder why I do the things I do and pass out... rumor has it january 3rd I'm in at 5am for prep city :(

We are staying home, which is fine by me;) playing board games, eating a great dinner, and drinking too much wine to safely drive.

Thinking of cooking hanger steaks on the grill, grilled brussel sprouts, and french fries. Still trying to decide on another side. I'll start with a Pinot for appetizer and cooking stages then move on to a Cab for the dinner. A nice French Calvados post dinner.

Anyone else have their menu planned?

I’ve never grilled brussel sprouts before. Do you use a perforated pan?

The holiday season gets tougher each year, I’m getting old I suppose. I’m looking forward to down time and a lighter workload. I doubt I could muster the strength to do much after work tomorrow, although I’m certain the gf will drag me somewhere.

Grilled outside last night when it was around 20 and am rethinking the wisdow of doing that 2 nights in a row;).
Once the wind starts up (supposed to be pretty soon), the wind chill is supposed to be ~0 degF. Might want to change the menu to ice cream and popsicles :biggrin:

Grilled Berkshire rib chops (Maple syrup/chipotle glaze) w/ roasted (duck fat of course) baby potatoes and some veggies (baby squash medley) for my, significantly, better half - leaves me more chops ...

Hope everyone has a happy & healthy(ish) New Years! For all the Pro's please stay safe with the all crazies out and about ...

Grilled Berkshire rib chops (Maple syrup/chipotle glaze) w/ roasted (duck fat of course) baby potatoes and some veggies (baby squash medley) for my, significantly, better half - leaves me more chops ...

Hope everyone has a happy & healthy(ish) New Years! For all the Pro's please stay safe with the all crazies out and about ...

Man, I’d much rather dine tonight with that menu as opposed to all the steak and lobster specs I’m gonna be slinging.

Was sick with a cold last night so while the dinner was good, I went with green beans because they are super easy and more popular with my children;). Stayed inside too. 20171231_202317(0).jpg20171231_202202(0).jpg20171231_202123.jpg

The sauce was a shallot and mushroom recipe from Daniel Boulud. Plating was non existent, hey I was sick and had already consumed 2 beers and some wine:).

Back