My banana/passion fruit soufflé recipe.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
Someone asked me in another thread to share my recipe so here it is. It's a very simple but oh so delicious recipe. You need 2 eggs, a ripe banana, one passion fruit, corn starch and sugar. You take the banana and passion fruit pulp and you mix it in a blender to a smoothy like consistency. I don't remove the passion fruit seeds because they're very healthy. Add 2 egg yokes, 2 table spoons of corn starch and sugar to taste (or no sugar at all if you like the tartness of the passion fruit) and mix the whole lot in the blender. Beat the whites from the 2 eggs until stiff, add the fruit mix and gently mix it in. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes in a pre-heated oven and enjoy :thumbsup: I like to let it cool off and eat it with some low fat whipped cream. You can easily scale everything up if you're making it for a group people.

Oh, and don't use flower instead of corn starch or you'll have a not so tasty soufflé.

I see I made a mistake with the recipe. You need 2 passion fruits. That's what happens if you make a quick post before going to bed :lol2: And if you don't like the seeds, only the juice of the passion fruit works just as well. I'm just lazy so i don't bother :laugh:

Back