Neapolitan pizza in Effeuno P134H

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schold

Reaction score
I've been making Neapolitan pizza for several years and find myself far down this rabbit hole. I thus wanted to share some pictures from the process as well as the resulting products. Dough is fermented for ~24 hours at room temperature using very small amounts of cake yeast (0.025% based on weight of 5stagioni flour). I use a pluviometer as a "spia", Italian for "spy", to follow the fermentation. The pizza is cooked in an Effeuno P134H electric oven from Italy, which reaches temperatures between 450 and 500 degrees Celsius. The cooking surface is a biscotto di Saputo imported from Naples, which has a very low thermal conductivity (0.3-0.6 W/m-K), so that the bottom of the pie doesn't burn in the ~70 seconds it takes to cook.

20170325_173257_jpg_thumb.jpg

2016_03_19_17_56_13_jpg_thumb.jpg

IMG_0765_JPG_thumb.jpg" alt="IMG_0765_JPG_thumb

IMG_0773_JPG_thumb.jpg

IMG_0961_JPG_thumb.jpg

any chance you could go into a little detail on dough recipe and fermentation.

Schold care to share your dough recipe? I've worked my through about 20 pizza dough recipes and I haven't really found any that pop yet.

Wow! I'm envious of the oven and stone. If I ever buy a house my dream is to make a combo wood/gas pizza oven. But I think I'd settle for the electric.

Schold care to share your dough recipe? I've worked my through about 20 pizza dough recipes and I haven't really found any that pop yet.

Ever tried Bruno Albouze's recipe? That's the one I use and it works for me.

Wow, this post has so much win in it. I recently started making pizza at home, and it is quite the rabbit hole, as you mentioned.

A few questions...

1 - The oven you have, is this what you'd recommend if someone wanted to make pizzas at home, and was crazy enough to buy a dedicated oven to do so?

2 - The stone you're referring to seems to only be recommended if your oven does indeed reach 800F+, would you agree?

3 - Are there any other recommendations for someone interested in learning more? Is there a KKF equivalent for pizza?

Latest posts

Back