My minced meat stew.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
A friend asked me for my minced meat stew recipe and he usually needs some pictures. I might as well post it here as well. This is enough for my girlfriend and I for 2 days.
These are the ingredients:
800 grams of starchy potatoes. The starch helps thicken the liquid.
400-500 grams of mixed minced meat (pork and beef)
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 can of green peas
1 jar of baby carrots,
Fresh parsley
3 bay leaves
1 small tin of tomato puree
Red paprika powder
Salt
Pepper
Beer. I use Palm for this. It's a Belgian beer that's sweet and not too strong. (Palm Royale is one of their special beers. It's like an angel taking a leak on your tongue.)

TBQhaKY.jpg

Chop up the onion, parsley, the red/yellow peppers and dice the potatoes.

zpeCLXo.jpg

Fry the minced meat to give it some colour.

bqNm98q.jpg

Add the onion and red/yellow pepper. Fry it some more until the onion is soft.

01LIzjJ.jpg

Add some beer.

kLYHgAL.jpg

And some water to cover everything. Also add the tomato puree, the bay leaves, parsley, salt, pepper and the paprika powder. Now I let it simmer for 10 minutes so the flavours can mix.

K1X6g1U.jpg

At this point I transfer it over to my soup pan.

dYLjC9s.jpg

Add the green peas

0QDaCIF.jpg

And the baby carrots. I usually mash these up in my hands so they dissolve. My girlfriend likes it this way.

okyOq2o.jpg

Add some more water and let it simmer for at least an hour.

mts3UvR.jpg

And when it's done. It may not look like much but it's delicious. And it's without any oil or butter. The pork in the minced meat contains more than enough fat to fry it.

pvcQNkW.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the recipe!

I cook a lot of similar stews, with which ever veggies they have at the moment (but never paprika as I hate the taste). I just make them more watery to eat it like a thick soup. Many times I also add teas spoon of sour cream in the plate directly.

Instead of beer I use beef stock. I will try Palm next time as it is so Flemish.

Latest posts

Back