Chelsea Miller Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:D :D :D

Not sure if this is appropriate use of the passaround subforum, but I figure if there's enough interest we could all throw in like $20-30, collectively buy a knife and settle this once and for all lol.

Who's interested??? Post below and we can all go from there in due course (no express delivery for $200-400 more though lol)

F it, I'm game... cancel that, this picture is all I need to make my point https://www.instagram.com/p/BVk3KWbA81r/?taken-by=chelseamillerknives

Her knives all look the same to me, with wonky profiles and cheese grater laminate... I also checked and nothing appears to be over 6 inches... what is that.. a chef's knife for ants.

If she made a chef knife and it looked like her steak knives I may actually become slightly interested, maybe email her and ask her if we can get a good chef knife

Edited. I don't want to be mean. Have fun.

I was down for my initial suggestion of 400 forumites chipping in $2 each... I could maybe do $5 because the passaround will cost about $15-20 to ship... So at $20-30 each to buy the knife, that's $35-50 to participate in the passaround, a little too steep for my blood. I'm saying that thinking we'll never get the money back on resale.

We all know what this knife is! I’m all for charity, but I can think of several ways to put my money to work other than this.

I’m in. Would be fun to try. Who knows...

If someone will be willing to pay the shipping to Germany and declare the value at what it actually is (so I do not have to pay $300 VAT+Tax) than count me in.

If I decide I want a knife made from a rasp, I'll make one, so I'm not in, but thanx for the offer. I do have a question though. After all the contributors have their turn with the knife, who gets the knife?

Maybe someone should reach out to her for a pass around. If she thinks the design is good, throw it to the sharks to give a proper assessment.

Strumke I like that idea as it doesn't involve sending CM a dime for that chunk of a "knife".

I'm going to send her an e-mail and get back to the group. I agree that the profiles look...well...different? than what we all like, and the rasp could be quite uncomfortable, but maybe, MAYBE, MMMAAAYYYBBEEEEEE, we are all wrong and the people paying $800 for her knives found something that this forum has largely shat on. Only one way to find out.

I will say that when I first saw a Kato school shot I thought it was a joke...they used to be thick...then I was blown by a password....

I’d be much more interested in a PA from Orchard steel and DeRosier....

To CM’s Defense.... she also made/makes knives with a more normal profile, rather large flat spot and gentle curve to tip.

That doesn’t change the raspect, of course [emoji12]

It's been over a week and no response, so guessing she's not interested.

Back