Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Chelsea Miller Passaround

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by strumke View Post
    It's been over a week and no response, so guessing she's not interested.
    Smart girl! it seems the verdict was out right from the get-go so..... Smart girl.


  2. #32
    Senior Member milkbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuriru View Post
    Smart girl! it seems the verdict was out right from the get-go so..... Smart girl.
    Actually, I am perfectly happy to try her knife without prejudice, and I think there are others here as well who would be willing. I have no axe to grind so to speak, and if her knife performs beautifully then I would be happy to say so.

    On the other hand, it's obvious that she does not need the approval of a small demographic of kitchen knife knuts to sell her knives, so I understand why she would not be interested in sacrificing limited resources to satisfy our curiosity.


  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    Actually, I am perfectly happy to try her knife without prejudice, and I think there are others here as well who would be willing. I have no axe to grind so to speak, and if her knife performs beautifully then I would be happy to say so.

    On the other hand, it's obvious that she does not need the approval of a small demographic of kitchen knife knuts to sell her knives, so I understand why she would not be interested in sacrificing limited resources to satisfy our curiosity.
    Agreed. I'd give her a fair shake. Worst case scenario, it's a bad knife (and your suspicions are confirmed). Best case scenario, you found a decent or maybe even skilled maker-- oh, the horror!

    If Chelsea looked on this forum, I doubt she'd expect anything from our members that didn't largely echo Tsuriru's sentiments.

  4. #34
    Senior Member orangehero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    168
    If someone offers me $800 I'll put a quick edge on a farriers rasp and send it to you for evaluation

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by orangehero View Post
    If someone offers me $800 I'll put a quick edge on a farriers rasp and send it to you for evaluation
    And I'll give you honest feedback haha

    "It doesn't cut, but I've never had a knife that grates ginger"

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chef Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    844
    I got $10 to throw away. I have $800 if Chelsea is willing to perform a personal private demonstration on her wonderful works of art in proper usage and maintenance. I will not cover the air fare, but lodging can be.........negotiated.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,938
    She knows how to market herself, Ill say that. Some vendors here could learn a thing or two about marketing, actually so could I.

  8. #38
    Senior Member aaamax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden of old, not new
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    F it, I'm game... cancel that, this picture is all I need to make my point https://www.instagram.com/p/BVk3KWbA...eamillerknives

    Her knives all look the same to me, with wonky profiles and cheese grater laminate... I also checked and nothing appears to be over 6 inches... what is that.. a chef's knife for ants...
    +1
    Said better than I possibly could.

    Long live Carbon!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •