Heiji love all over again

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
This weekend, I took some time to relax after a long couple of weeks. I sharpened or touched up all of my blades to tomato-test sharpness and I unexpectedly fell in love with Heiji semistainless (skd 1$) steel all over again. It just loves to be sharp! I couldn't resist taking some time out and cutting a few items with my gyuto and I was amazed again at how it outperforms my lasers in many ways in spite of the thickness... :bliss:

Heiji is my personal favorite, would love to see photos!

I really love mine, too. It feels much nicer to use than the stock laser I tried (270 Tad Inox).

Of all the knives I sold in my collection that Heiji is the only one I miss.At least post a pic so I can stare at her.

Of all the knives I sold in my collection that Heiji is the only one I miss.At least post a pic so I can stare at her.
I'll work on getting her presentation worthy. :D

The Heiji's seem to get a lot of love here

Are they that good ? what is it about them that make a 240 gyuto worth $500 ?

The Heiji's seem to get a lot of love here

Are they that good ? what is it about them that make a 240 gyuto worth $500 ?

Only you can say if it's worth 500$.I loved the SS version.It is hard to describe how a 4.2mm thick gyuto can cut so well,but it does.It is a knife with great character,something I love in a knife.

Only you can say if it's worth 500$.I loved the SS version.It is hard to describe how a 4.2mm thick gyuto can cut so well,but it does.It is a knife with great character,something I love in a knife.
+1. It has the look and feel of something someone took a lot of care in making. I've handled and used a lot of knives. This is the only "thick" one I chose to buy, keep and use and I don't tolerate anything but outstanding performance.

I had a similar feeling when I used my DT ITK for the first time in months today. Still the most comfortable knife I have used.

My Heiji is a knife that will never be sold off. It has a soul and its really obvious the first time you pick one up and use it.

Back