Ashi Hamono Direct

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meesterleester

Reaction score
Is it possible to order directly from Ashi Hamono through their Japanese web store?

They stopped selling direct to consumer last year .... gotta buy through vendors

I see the note on the English link. Why though can I add one item to the cart when working through the google translated homepage? Just curious, thanks for the information.

I see the note on the English link. Why though can I add one item to the cart when working through the google translated homepage? Just curious, thanks for the information.

Maybe they do sell in Japan, I dunno. When I asked them they said they don’t.... Because I could’ve sent it to a Japanese friend.

Thanks for al the info... so how do I find a western handled 240mm gyuto in White #2? I have emailed both Bernal and Carbon Co. and neither had a positive answer for me.

Balance had to be strange on that knife? 220g for a 240 laser (that runs short) has to feel crazy (handle heavy)...is that right?

Balance had to be strange on that knife? 220g for a 240 laser (that runs short) has to feel crazy (handle heavy)...is that right?

I have western HD 210mm gyuto, assuming similarities as another Sakai laser.. the handle does add a little heft that feels different than the wa handled version. However the blade is closer to a true 210mm along the edge.

I have a western ginga 210 in stainless, it is 142 gr. 220 for a 240 does seem excessive

Back