Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Masamoto KS 240mm Gyuto KS3124 Available Soon

This isn't about rules, it's about etiquette...this used to be a gentleman's forum...

once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    This isn't about rules, it's about etiquette...this used to be a gentleman's forum...
    Truth.

The hypocrisy is obvious, and IMHO is definitely in bad taste. Calling it out / thread crapping is also in bad taste. (Just my opinion here)

Seems like a lose-lose situation, regardless of the ethics.

Pete,
    I asked a reasonable question. It actually was hardly even offensive or “thread crapping”. Unless facts are considered offensive. Indeed, why would one hate the markups on one knife yet do the same in worse degree to a different knife. Fujiyama never answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Fujiyama, I’m curious why it bothers you that some people are selling KS $200 above retail(master Andre is the only member I can think of that did this) and yet you yourself have no problems attempting to sell konosuke Fujiyamas for nearly $500 above retail?
    How do you justify that?

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    As naive as it may be, I agree. It's been slightly saddening to see a gradual slippage into an increasing culture of hyping, flipping, hoarding and profiteering whilst at the same time a (linked) increase in misinformation/conjecture and a louder neophyte minority.

Labour bought and sold some KS at fair prices in BST,
    so his actions speaks louder than others

Pete,
    I asked a reasonable question. It actually was hardly even offensive or “thread crapping”. Unless facts are considered offensive. Indeed, why would one hate the markups on one knife yet do the same in worse degree to a different knife. Fujiyama never answered.
    I agree with you Craig, it is a valid point you are making and yes the hypocrisy stinks something nasty.

What I am trying to say is that calling it out (this thread is titled "Masamoto KS 240mm Gyuto KS3124 Available Soon", not "Hypocrites in BST/on KKF" or whatnot and therefore off-topic comments could be seen or thought of as "thread crapping") doesn't serve any purpose other than to inflame and exacerbate the negativity, instead of lessening it or bettering things.

The good folks here all see things for what they are, and the not-so-good folks couldn't care less.

I respect your drive towards justice and fairness, its too bad more people don't/can't/won't adhere to the same standards as you and the other good folks on KKF who are the core of this wonderful community.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmoley View Post
    I think you answered your own question and premise. The need to protect the public from themselves is a popular theme these days. Adults buying luxury items are in no danger of being hurt and should be responsible for their own decisions. Doing anything else is disrespectful, elitist and just plain impractical. Everyone on the forum is capable of doing their homework and know what they are doing, no need for hand holding. If I don't like the price of an item I don't buy it. We see it all the time on BST, some items sell out in minutes some need price adjustment to sell, there is no issue if the item is accurately represented...
    You may be right about all this. My suggestions can be off-base when I let my disrespectful, elitist and just plain impractical side do the thinkin'

Pete,
    I see your position. I really do. But I was responding to post in this thread that is pertinent to the KS. My response is somewhat pertinent to the KS. I can’t help it if others deviate from KS discussion 😀.

Pete,
    I see your position. I really do. But I was responding to post in this thread that is pertinent to the KS. My response is somewhat pertinent to the KS. I can’t help it if others deviate from KS discussion 😀.
    True

Cheers Craig

Pete,
    Major +1, im also curious