Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Masamoto KS - The Phoenix Rises (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Oh yeah forgot to mention that the handle is pretty lame. KS handles were never great to begin with but the one I have is kinda crappier than usual.
    Yeah, the one I had a while back had a beautiful marbled horn wasted on really sad ho wood.

once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Yeah, the one I had a while back had a beautiful marbled horn wasted on really sad ho wood.
    Sandpaper is cheap! Afterward rub some natural stone mud into the ho wood now and again and lightly re sand. It gives it a nice patina'd look.

-Kit

Quote Originally Posted by K813zra View Post
    Sandpaper is cheap! Afterward rub some natural stone mud into the ho wood now and again and lightly re sand. It gives it a nice patina'd look.
    Crap in, crap out...
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Crap in, crap out...
    Lol, maybe a re-handle then.
    -Kit

i have zero issues with the stock handle on my older gen KS but mine has MUCHO mileage on it. this is important because i've come to find that ho/magnolia handles get better with age/use. i'm guessing it's from soaking in the oils from your hands? and gets smoother from use as well.

one thing that isnt mentioned often about is the feedback the knife offers while going through product. this is very minimal with san mai blades but mono carbon has this in spades, especially honyaki.

Like this :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dMBYUADVtX9rWjuR2